March 19, 2011

Fury by Shirley Marr

Fury by Shirley Marr
Published on May 2010 by Black Dog Book

Welcome to the mind of a very furious girl.

Let me tell you my story.
Not just the facts I know you want to hear.
If I’m going to tell you my story,
I’m telling it my way.
Strap yourself in...
Eliza Boans has everything.
A big house.
A great education.
A bright future.
So why is she sitting in a police station confessing to murder?

My name is Eliza Boans and I am a murderer.
I know. It’s pretty shocking, huh?
To think I actually had a better surname before my parents divorced and my mother went back to her maiden name, taking me kicking and screaming with her. See, the judge gave Dad the Jag and gave Mum, well, me. She spewed big time over that. But seriously, unlike what that do-gooder Chaplain here thinks, I didn’t just wake up one morning and say to myself, “what a lovely day, I think I might go out and kill someone.”

I have read this book last year and I'm posting it now, I thought this book was funny, gripping and shocking, meaning I loved it, though I was really shocked and felt sad with the ending I still loved it. Its not your typical fantasy thing, its more a bit like reality to me. a heart sickening reality.

Eliza Boans is a very effective character for me, i connected very well that instant to her. being inside of her mind was amazing, you will never be able to know which was a lie or a truth. She has this "attitude" and well, she's a furious teenager. I grew loving this book. She's flawed and naive, and also a true friend. Eliza is  a 16yo rich high school student with a rich best of girlfriends, they all live at a very 'safest' small town for rich people. And then, they met a new comer, outsider, Ella at their school Next the house party...
that's when the trouble begins..
Eliza was sent to a room where a police anthropologist asking her questions about the truth behind the murder crime. But Eliza is not going to cooperate just like that, he needed to earn her trust before she could reveal the ugly truth about why she killed that someone or will she?
The narration was really spanking effective. lol.  that it kept me reading and intrigued and curious.

I don't want to say much about the story of Eliza Boans but when I read it I was like "omg" and felt a pang in my heart. This is one of my favourite books, I don't know with you, but if you do well cheers for that! I am so glad i picked this book up. Very edgy dark book cover too, gorgeous.

Shirley Marr is daring and bold in writing this kind of book, i gave her a credit for that, shes really cool and funky.  and she also likes to wear black. This is her debut ya novel. Visit her page and know all about our Australian writer Shirley Marr and her book "FURY".

4 comments:

  1. Great Review! Sounds interesting and love the cover. Adding it to my TBR stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks simplyme. hope youll like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. I will be adding this to my TBR pile. Thanks =)

    Ange

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks ange i loved this book. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.