March 14, 2011

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

The Goddess Test
Author:  Aimée Carter
Publisher:  Harlequin
Pub Date:  March 26, 2011


EVERY GIRL who has taken the test has DIED.

Now it's KATE'S TURN.

It’s always been just Kate and her mom—and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate’s going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear her mother won’t live past the fall.

Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld—and if she accepts his bargain, he’ll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.

Kate is sure he’s crazy—until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she’ll become Henry’s future bride, and a goddess.

If she fails..
Wow. I am speechless, enthralled. I loved it. This is the book one of the Goddess series. and was so amazing that I cant think of words to describe how good this book is. It's kind of book that I would really buy. From its gorgeous cover, I cant blame you for judging it lol.if that makes sense.  I really enjoyed it and it made me cried too. Its nice being inside of our heroine's mind, Kate Winters. The narration was impressive, that i felt very connected as if I am inside this fantasy world Aimee Carter (the author) have created.

I dont really need to tell you the summary, the quote above will give you hints i dont want to spoil your reading. But im telling you, once you started, it will be very very hard not to continue. I mean, It was a clever, brilliant plot, mixed with greek mythology and the present time, havent read something like that before.  I am so thrilled how the story was sewed all together. At first, while the story was sinking in, i got confused with couple of scenes, but then i realized as i went on, it all made sense, and its really amazing. I had scenes that i didnt know it was coming and i loved the excitement of unveiling the truth.

I recommend this ofcourse to every one. If your up for a  compelling, very romantic, emotional, nostalgic and full of suspense story, then this one is for you. Im dying to know whats going to happen with the Kate's romance, and im pretty sure there is a love triangle! so ill be watching out for the book2!cheers
Aimee Carter

Excerpt:

“The prize is immortality,” Henry said. “It’s not something we give out lightly, and we need to make sure it is something you can handle.”

I felt a cold block of ice form in the pit of my stomach. So my choices now were to live forever or die trying. Somehow it didn’t seem fair.

“You will do well,” Henry said. “I can feel it. And afterward, you will help me do something that no one else is capable of doing. You will have power beyond imagining, and you will never fear death again. You will never grow old and you will always be beautiful. You will have eternal life to spend as you wish.” But would I have my mother?

one of my favourite lines~

He stood and started to pace, refusing to look at me. "You have been unhappy with me. Why?"

I opened my mouth to protest, but nothing came out. He was right. "Because," I said in a miserable voice and hating myself for it. "I dont want to just be your friend."(via netgalley)

3 comments:

  1. i did i did love it! it was amazing =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I have to get this now thanks for this great review and the quotes(: I really wasn't sure about it at first, but I am defintely getting it.

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.