March 14, 2011

In My Mailbox #2

The Magnolia League by Katie Crouch
Publishing Date: May 3, 2011

I have recieved an eARC of these books this week. and I think it is worth reading,


After the death of her free-spirited mother, sixteen-year-old Alex Lee must leave her home in northern California to live with her wealthy grandmother in Savannah, Georgia. By birth, Alex is a rightful, if unwilling, member of the Magnolia League, Savannah's long-standing debutante society. She quickly discovers that the Magnolias have made a pact with a legendary hoodoo family, the Buzzards. The Magnolias enjoy youth, beauty and power. But at what price?
As in her popular adult novels, Crouch's poignant and humorous voice shines in this seductively atmospheric story about girls growing up in a magical Southern city.






The Betrayal of Maggie Blair by Elizabeth Laird
Publishing Date: April 18, 2011

In seventeenth-century Scotland, saying the wrong thing can lead to banishment—or worse. Accused of being a witch, sixteen-year-old Maggie Blair is sentenced to be hanged. She escapes, but instead of finding shelter with her principled, patriotic uncle, she brings disaster to his door.

Betrayed by one of her own accusers, Maggie must try to save her uncle and his family from the king’s men, even if she has to risk her own life in the process.

Originally published in the UK, this book has a powerful blend of heart-stopping action and thought-provoking themes
.



I think these covers are just simple yet gorgeous right? enough to catch my attention as its synopsis. So thanks to our kind publishers and netgalley.  cant wait to read them all. just give me time ill post my reviews as soon as i can here. thanks guys for reading. see you again soon!

8 comments:

  1. I read The Betrayal of Maggie Blair last year, it was pretty enjoyable!

    I still need to read The Magnolia League.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Magnolia League looks really good!
    Read The Betrayal of Maggie Blair last month and I really enjoyed it, looking forward to your review.

    New To My Stash-Book Addict

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Betrayal of Maggie Blair sounds really good. I'm a new follower you can see my blog here: http://justnookit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah it does. following ou now theresa =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh Maggie Blair looks gooooooood!
    You've got the ARC? It actually reminds me of one I read ages ago. Quest For A Maid. Not sure of the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @elizabeth yes i do have it now, i got plenty of books to read so little time.. reviews coming soon.

    by the way, i might check that out Quest For A Maid. thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read The Magnolia League and really enjoyed it. It was a fast paced, easy read, that had lots of twist and turns. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.