March 21, 2011

In My Mailbox #3

Tattoo by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Pub Date: Jan 2007

Bailey Morgan isn't the type of girl who shows a lot of skin, but somehow, she ends up in a dressing room at the mall with her friend Delia applying a temporary tattoo to her lower back. Never one to suffer fashion doubt, trendsetter Delia knows exactly where she wants her own tattoo: on her stomach, right where her shirt ends—can you say "midriff"? Annabelle, the quiet one, chooses the back of her neck, and tomboy Zo plasters hers on the top of her foot. The tattoos will last for three days, and Delia's sure that with them, the four friends will absolutely kill at the school dance.
Unfortunately, killing is just what someone has in mind, and Bailey, Delia, Annabelle, and Zo are in for the battle of their lives. Along with her tattoo, each girl receives a gift—a supernatural power to help them in their fight. As Bailey's increasingly frightening dreams reveal the nature of their enemy, it becomes clear to the girls that it's up to them to save the world. And if they can get Delia to stop using her newfound power to turn gum wrappers into Prada pumps, they might actually stand a chance.

So I have this old teen book on my shelf and havent read it yet but will after my very long list of to-read books. hopefully it will be a good book.



I recieved an arc of this via Netgalley* and Cant wait to start. Lovely cover and interesting plot as well.

Gracie and the Preacher
by TL Peters
Published Date: March 11, 2011

Young Brent Everett and his feisty Rottweiler Gracie hook up with a good-natured but ethically challenged street preacher with a roving romantic eye. Although Brent isn't entirely sold on the preacher's various money raising sidelines, he comes to love the raucous crowds flocking to the revivals. All goes well until Gracie bites a heckler and is thrown into the pound. After Brent rescues the dog the two vagabonds enlist the aid of a gorgeous bodybuilder with a brutal left hook to ward off a bounty hunter on their tail. The subsequent chase takes them to the harsh high country of Bolivia, where Brent discovers that there are limits to what even the preacher can get away with.

I recieved an ebook of this and was given to me  by the author. Thank you by the way. And Its about a dog, loved dog.

4 comments:

  1. LUCKY! Angel Burn sounds sooo good! I'm secretly hating ;) jk!

    Diana
    ps. cuttee blog! I shall follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha thanks Diana. give me time and ill follow you too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laine,

    I'm sure you'll enjoy Angel Burn - I read it under the title Angel and got really involved in it.

    In all fairness I should tell you that I am an angel fangirl, so my opinion may be biased... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha i know it is a good book shelagh, you should check out meridian its an angel kind of book as well one of my fave. :)

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.