March 14, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday #2



Shattered Souls
Author: Mary Lindsey
Publisher: Philomel/Penguin
Publishing Date: December 8, 2011


Lenzi hears voices. She also sees visions--gravestones, floods, a gorgeous guy with steel gray eyes. She knows she must be going crazy, just like her dad did. Her boyfriend, Zak, can't do anything to help, and the voices just keep getting louder, the visions more intense. But when Lenzi meets Alden, the boy from her dreams, everything makes sense.
Sort of.
He tells Lenzi that she's a reincarnated Speaker--someone who can talk to lost souls and help them move on--and that he has been her Protector for centuries. But instead of embracing her abilities, Lenzi struggles between her life as the girlfriend of a sexy musician and the life she is destined to lead with Alden. Yet time is running out; a malevolent spirit has been trying to destroy Lenzi for ages, and he will surely kill her if she doesn't make a decision soon.
Her choices are clear: Destiny or normalcy. Alden or Zak. Life or death.
 (via goodreads)
 
I can't wait to read this book. I am sure that the story is really good. Saw it at Goodreads and has a good rating. So im marking this to my soon-to-grab books. And I am not going to finish this without giving my compliment to the cover. I think I just died. It's really gorgeous. =)










The author's site  Mary Lindsey



The Gathering (Darkness Rising #1)
Author: Kelley Armstrong
Publisher: HarperCollins
Publishing Date: April 12, 2011

Strange things are happening in Maya's tiny Vancouver Island town. First, her friend Serena, the captain of the swim team, drowns mysteriously in the middle of a calm lake. Then, one year later, mountain lions are spotted rather frequently around Maya's home—and her reactions to them are somewhat . . . unexpected. Her best friend, Daniel, has also been experiencing unexplainable premonitions about certain people and situations.
It doesn't help that the new bad boy in town, Rafe, has a dangerous secret, and he's interested in one special part of Maya's anatomy—her paw-print birthmark.


OMG. To tell you the truth, I never thought I would love a book like I did with Harry Potter Series. Really, lol I know i sound so much like a child there, but I love JK Rowling, she's really good with storytelling. But came, Kelley Armstrong.. aaaahhh. The Darkest Powers was so amazing, I mean, hello! Werewolf and a sorcerer, a witch, a necromancer all in one, a dead rotting body came to life, a hopeless romantic scenes.. then here comes the madscientist trying to modify their powers. Messing with supernaturals is the last thing you want to do. I just loved loved loved it! And I also loved being inside Chloe Sanders mind.

The whole series is second on my top favourite series book ever. Full of adventures, romance(eeeeeeh), and buttkicking scenes, I am so dying to read this fourth book of the Darkest Powers but officially book 1 of Dakness Rising. Im pretty sure its going to be as better as the first series. Hurry up hurry up hurry up!

 
READ MY REVIEW The Summoning (Darkest Powers#1)

2 comments:

  1. New follower popping in to say hi!

    I'm really excited about both of these books too, I can't wait for them.

    Amanda
    http://lettersinsideout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you amanda ill follow you soon! so many good books outthere coming!

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.