June 26, 2011

The Iron KIng by Julie Kagawa

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
Published February 1st 2010 by Harlequin Teen 

Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.
Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.
When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.
But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.
 

Wow as in OMFG. I really LOVED LOVED LOVED this book. I know it took me awhile to read this as I have so many books in my TBR that I wish I could get to them like all at the same time. Anyway, Its all about the Summer and Winter Court fey. The narration was really really good and the humor, oh the humor man, i had so much fun reading it. I love all the characters, they are all awesome, especially Megan, she knows how to make me cry. But If your going to ask me if which team I'm going for Team Puck or Team Ash? Please let me finish the second and the third books first and Ill decide who will I go for, but at the meantime lets just say I all want the two hot faeries yeah?haha.

The plot was outstanding, full of actions and adventures, there's also romance everywhere. What else can you ask for? Its all in one book in an amazing gorgeous cover.

Ive never thought Id really read about faeries again after reading a horrible faery book last time didn't even bother finishing it. But this one is off the hook. Recommended to everybody. Its really a good book for children as well. Friendship, Family, Love,  and a heartbreaking sacrifices, this ain't your ordinary fairy tales. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.