June 21, 2011

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
Published September 21st 2010 by Harper Collins, Inc.

"Eyes like streams of melting snow, 
Cold with  the things she does not know,
Heaven above and Hell beneath.
Liquid flames to hide her grief
Death, death, death with no release."
Weird as it is working for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, Evie's always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal.

Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths. Not only that, but she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising
destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.

Omg, I have never thought I'd find yet another amazing book again that I would definitely recommend to everybody especially those who loves paranormals. I am so hooked on and head over heels in love with this book. I know its been out for awhile now and I have just finished it just now but I think that was okay because the book 2 is coming out very soon, I don't have to wait that long to know whats gonna happen to our cute heroine Evie who by the way happens to love pink like me and her shapeshifter hottie boyfriend Lend! :P 

Moving on, the world Ms. Kiersten have made was so awesome, I mean those secret organizations for paranormals- that normal people doesn't know exists, how about those vamps? werewolves? and hags? yea hags ewww.Faeries and a mermaid. Speaking of mermaid, Lish was so cool, some of her scenes was really bleeping funny. The narration and plot was really really smooth and good too, the characters was perfect, like what I expected them to be, Evie was fabulous, loved her attitude and her style (those sexy dresses and killer pink boots) lol. This book was very very entertaining, intense, and kept me up so late last night lol.

I also loved the mysteries, it kept me wanting more and more to know whats up with that prophecy above, and the ending was sweet, but There's still a lot of questions that needs an answers and book 2 is going to be really exciting I cannot believe Its coming out so soon! And by the way gorgeous book cover, as well as the book 2 SUPERNATURALLY. Ahh bleeping wicked and its SO going to be in my bleeping top favourite list! Loved it.

2 comments:

  1. i have this on my TBR pile.. nice review. will read this one soon. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats great. hope you'll enjoy this one. thanks x

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.