August 8, 2011

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Published February 1st 2011 by HarperTeen

"Everything ends, people move on, they don't look back. It's how they should be."

Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love
.

Delirium was awesome. Wow imagine that, what if love really is a disease? I was thinking while reading this book that Love really is the most mysterious thing in this world, people goes nuts or sometimes too happy when they are in love, they could do anything even the impossible.  People in love find their right perspective in life, some just go somewhere tragic. The story of this book was very touching and I think, genius . This is a well-written dystopian novel. I was hooked to the last page, I couldn’t put it down. Its about the tragic effects that love can cause to us. That’s why in this world that Lauren made, Love is a forbidden word, you cannot feel love and show love. People will be cured when they reached 18 of age. That means a drastic change after the cure. No affection, no Love. 

But what if you are falling in love with some one and you don’t want that feeling to be taken away?  Would you do something unthinkable? And do anything for love to stay in your heart?
 
The characters were really good. Lena was our heroine and I think she was awesome, I felt really connected to her, her anger, her desperation. And Alex, I fell in love with this guy easily. They are just so good together. The ending was a huge cliffhanger though,  that’s why I am sooooo dying to read the second book. Its coming out next year 2012.


click the photo to add to your list via Goodreads
Delirium #2

1 comment:

  1. I love the review. Love is truly mysterious. I do believe it's like a disease. Gosh, I hate clifhangers but I'll see how it goes! Great review! :D

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.