August 21, 2011

Divergent (Divergent #1) by Veronica Roth

Divergent by Veronica Roth
Published May 3rd 2011 by HarperCollins Children's Books

 "Being brave is also being selfless."
Beatrice "Tris" Prior has reached the fateful age of sixteen, the stage at which teenagers in Veronica Roth's dystopian Chicago must select which of five factions to join for life. Each faction represents a virtue: Candor, Abnegation, Dauntless, Amity, and Erudite. To the surprise of herself and her selfless Abnegation family, she chooses Dauntless, the path of courage. Her choice exposes her to the demanding, violent initiation rites of this group, but it also threatens to expose a personal secret that could place in mortal danger. Veronica Roth's young adult Divergent trilogy launches with a captivating adventure about love and loyalty playing out under most extreme circumstances.
So I just realized that Ive been reading plenty of dystopian novels lately. And I think I'm a bit lucky to have picked up such an amazing stories'  and Divergent was one of those.  It is absolutely off the hook. A world divided into 5 factions, Candor, Amity, Erudite, Dauntless and Abnegation. And when the time is right, you make the decision where you really belong….but do you really have to belong in only one faction? What if  you belong to more than one? That makes you dangerous and you'll be dead before you know it.

I will not spoil your reading so ill only tackle what I really  feel about this book. The story was fast-paced that every page were worth reading. Unputdownable. I never wanted it to end. I loved being inside of Tris’ mind. She is flawed, smart spirited and daring.  I felt her emotions that I really did cry in some scenes. Yes I did have teary eyes on some books Ive read, but DIVERGENT really drove me into sobs, it was a roller coaster of emotions, I felt Tris' hurt of betrayals, the maddening angers, frustrating fears, the thriving to be belonged, surviving to live, the happiness of unexpected love and too many losses. Its terrifying having those simulations and entering fear landscape. Its also very inspiring. It made me think that people should just unite instead of discriminating others, or trying to control others just because they can or because of political insecurities or power-hunger.  I just loved DIVERGENT. The plot was intriguing and brilliant. The romance between Tris and Four was really sensational. I thought Four was so hot I want more of him and Tris.

A provocative and heartening story, that I fell in love with this novel. I'm also desperate for the second installment. I really do need more of this series. INSURGENT is coming out hopefully next year. Cheers guys..

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.