August 6, 2011

Wither by Lauren Destefano

Wither by Lauren Destefano
Published March 22nd 2011 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing


Obviously, something went terribly wrong. Genetic mutations have festered, reducing human longevity to twenty-five, even less for most women. To prevent extinction, young girls are kidnapped, mated in polygamous marriages with men eager to procreate. Sixteen-year-old Rhine Ellery, a recent victim of this breeding farm mentality, has vowed to break loose from its fetters; but finding allies and a safe way out is a challenge she can only hope she will survive. A dystopian fantasy series starter with wings. Editor's recommendation. 


I don't know how I feel about this book, it was okay for me, but I didn't really love it.Or probably I wasn't the right audience for it. It was a slow story that I have to skip some pages. The story goes around the girl Rhine, and The Mansion where she was kept in as a first wife. And in this world people just die of ages 20 for girls and 25 for men. The characters were effective, Cecile was so annoying, and I don't like Rhine as much as I liked Jenna. In general I would say that the plot was still interesting. The story was both tragic and sad that kept me from finishing it. Though, The only part it get exciting was the ending. And Id still say that I would be watching out for the next book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.