September 15, 2011

Eve by Anna Carey

Eve by Anna Carey
Release Date: October 4th 2011
Publisher: HarperCollins
Format: Advance Reader Copy, 336 pages
Series: The Eve Trilogy #1
Source: Publisher
Buy this book: Barnes&Noble | Amazon 




"I love you, I love you, I love you."

Where do you go when nowhere is safe?
Sixteen years after a deadly virus wiped out most of Earth’s population, the world is a perilous place. Eighteen-year-old Eve has never been beyond the heavily guarded perimeter of her school, where she and two hundred other orphaned girls have been promised a future as the teachers and artists of the New America. But the night before graduation, Eve learns the shocking truth about her school’s real purpose—and the horrifying fate that awaits her.
Fleeing the only home she’s ever known, Eve sets off on a long, treacherous journey, searching for a place she can survive. Along the way she encounters Arden, her former rival from school, and Caleb, a rough, rebellious boy living in the wild. Separated from men her whole life, Eve has been taught to fear them, but Caleb slowly wins her trust . . . and her heart. He promises to protect her, but when soldiers begin hunting them, Eve must choose between true love and her life.

 I thought this book was a good read. Actually, I kind of don't know if I really liked it or just like it.. The story goes around a young orphan naive girl Eve, kept behind the walls of the school for girls only- where she lived most of her entire life, oblivious to the real world(98 percent of human got killed by the plague, its like the world is in a devastated state, so here comes the new America).

They were brainwashed, that men could be “manipulative, conniving and dangerous”, therefore should be avoided like a disease. But there’s an exception, Only the King can be trusted. The only man in this world to be obeyed. But Eve dreams of going to The City of Sand, the King’s Capitol to start her career and new life with freedom. The night before her graduation day, Eve found out something, something unbelievable and terribly cruel.

From there Eve knew shes in great danger, and all of those students in her school. She knew she couldn’t stay any longer but what to do when she doesn’t know how to survive beyond the campus walls? There’s wild animals out there, or worse, dangerous men. ..But she had to leave anyway, she needs to find Califia, the only safe place for her.. What fate awaits her?

This was written in first-person, and I quite enjoyed the writing style of this book, the tone was kind of solemn and dramatic, the concept was good. the diction was pleasing. It is always nice to experience the thoughts of the narrator yes? To relate with Eve's feelings, her emotions, about her dead mother, about her friends and this young guy she met along her journey to find Califia, his name is Caleb. I thought Eve was a spirited girl, full of hopes, annoying or say frustrating sometimes but that's probably because of the impression of her growing up in a made-up surrounding.  There were boring and irritably scenes though, but I couldn't really hate-hate this book.

The ending was touching, emotional, a cliffhanger for me. ok I got teary eyes, It was disheartening yet hopeful at the same time, something like that.  My heart aches for Eve and Caleb. I didn’t know the ending was going to be so sad so I need happy ending please? Personally if you ask me which one I like better between WITHER and EVE, I’d go with EVE. At least this one wasn't only set in a house. Well if you loved Wither then you will probably loved EVE more then. Some might hate this some wont so you''ll be the judge. For now Hope you have a good Thursday. Cheers!

*Thank you HarperCollins and Netgalley.

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this one! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering about this one. I haven't read Wither yet either. Great review!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better than Wither? Well I'll definitely be checking out this book. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Wither and kind of liked, so I may give this a try. Great review

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't decide whether I loved it or not but nonetheless it was enjoyable...great review ;)

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.