September 5, 2011

The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey series #3) by Julie Kagawa


The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Release Date: January 25th 2011Publisher: Harlequin Teen 
Series: The Iron Fey #3
Format:  Paperback, 358 pages
Source: Owned
Buy this book: Amazon



My name is Meghan Chase.
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.
This time, there will be no turning back.

I think this is my favorite in the series. This book blew me away, I mean I really felt for Puck and Ash with their feelings towards Meghan and their unbearable despair when she was in between life and death, those scenes were priceless.  But before anything else, I’m going to share to you the first time I grabbed  the IRON KING. I was already drawn from the first page,  then stopped when I reached the part where Beau was sent to the dog pound. I am a dog lover and as much as possible I really avoid books with dogs ending up somewhere cruel.  I know its not a big deal  but its just me, after awhile, I thought hmm. I don’t think the author is capable of doing that in this book, everybody loved her series why cant I? 

So I did another try and I was totally under spell with The Iron King, I loved Meghan, Ash and Puck, and every characters that are included in this wonderful fantasy world. I knew Beau would be somewhere in this series and yay he unexpectedly showed up in the 3rd book! But lets put Beau aside now, I don’t want you to think that Its only because of the dog, nah. I LOVED LOVED LOVED  every book of THE IRON FEY series and I loved Julie Kagawa. I mean wow, she really do know how to make her readers overflow with excitement with the romance scenes and make us cry with the heartbreaking scenes. I did cry I swear I wanted to get into the scene and kiss and comfort Puck lol.

 And I am telling you, this book kicks ass. Witnessing Meghan transform from a young lady into a unselfish sensible queen, accepting her destiny, and everyone's united and had accepted everything, Puck from letting go. And by the way, Meghan is the only heroin character that was never annoying or overly emotional.

 And also, I still don’t know which one to choose between Ash and Puck, I mean I cant really choose only one. The two of them has the characteristics of a guy that I really loved in a hero, though in the end it has to be one which I am dreadful of, I would be okay with it if Julie will just choose it for me. I am still overwhelmed with so much emotions from this book that I could still remember those awful scenes and makes me want to breakdown and cry again.

 I knew by the time I finished this book that Id be suffering from a nail biting season till October. And I hate it. The thing is this book had been sitting on my shelf for awhile now and I promised myself to read it a week before the Iron Knight comes out. But duh, I'm only human, I ain't a fey you know nor a half-breed  so yeah. Couldnt keep that promise. Well I would like to thank you Julie for writing this wonderful books to us. It really made my day!  I'm sorry if my review are all over the place, I just finished this book a few hours ago. But you only need one thing to know about this book, Its EXTRAORDINARY. So if you haven't read this series yet, you re surely missing the fun.

7 comments:

  1. enjoying your blog, and joined
    hope you’ll join mine
    you can find my blog at http://deanjbaker.blogspot.com –

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing review!! Glad you loved The Iron Queen as well!! It's definitely my fav/2nd fav in the series! (well...I can't really choose between The Iron Knight & this)!! Have you read Summer's Crossing?? You'll love Puck even more! But I'll always be team Ash, despite how much I still love Puck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! Glad you loved this book! I absolutely love this series and can't wait to read The Iron Knight book this year. Even after reading the three books in the series, I'm still on the fence about who I love more. At first I was Team Puck, but after the second book I was Team Ash. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys. I dont know whose to choose. I felt like choosing Ash will be betraying Puck vice versa. eeek.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I waited to read Harry Potter until the last book was scheduled to be published. Why wait in torment, possibly for years!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! It's my favourite series too. I absolutely LOVE Ash and he's even more amazing in The Iron Knight. So glad your enjoying it. Great review - Donna :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVED this book! I'm reading 3 fey series so I wasn't expecting to like this either. But OMG I LOVE this series!

    I'm team Puck though :) and team Grim!

    Marlene Detierro (Medevac)

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.