October 3, 2011

Angel Arias by Marianne de Pierres

Angel Arias by Marianne de Pierres
Release Date:  October 3rd 2011
Series: Night Creatures #2
Publisher: Random House Australia
Format: Paperback Copy, 270 pages
Source: Publisher
Buy this book: RandomHouseAustralia | Amazon




Retra - now called Naif - has escaped from Ixion, the island of ever-night. She doesn't know if her friends on the island survived the battle between the Ripers and the rebels. But she does know that she must return home, behind the sealed walls of Grave, to find out why the Ripers have been seen there talking to the councillors. What links the two worlds?

First she must convince Ruzalia to help her. The fierce pirate captain saves those who face terrible fates on Ixion, but that doesn't guarantee their gratitude. Instead, she faces a revolt - and Naif is caught in the middle.

Naif will need all her courage to survive. For Lenoir, who wants to keep her safe, for her friends Suki and Rollo, if they live, for Markes, who has secrets of his own, and for the new friends she will make on this journey.

The fate of worlds depends on it

Ahhh, Marianne never ceases to impress me with her talent. If you havent read BURN BRIGHT yet, well go ahead and read it now! 


This is the second installment of the Night Creatures series and it is kind of different from the first book(in a good way). So Naif-once named Retra, escaped the war in Ixion, together with Markes and Char and with the help of Lenoir- a Riper who rescued her-  she was able to get to Ruzalia's airship. But her brother Clash, Dark Eve and Rollo were left behind in Ixion where a war between the Ripers and the rebels are happening. Naif also found out something horrible back at Ixion, and she needed answers, to save the youngs from premature deaths and being eaten so she went to go back to Grave, the place where she came from before Ixion, the place where a Ripers have been seen talking to the Elders. Will truth be revealed? Will Naif find the answers in Grave before its too late? 


Having to be able to experience this adventure of Naif was overwhelming, I feared for her life while trying to escape her way out from those horrible hounds and wards, doubted her new found friends, thrilled with her feelings toward Markes, though I kind of wish it was Rollo or Lenoir, I think Markes will just break her heart in the end I don't know. Seeing him with Emilia made my heart ache for Retra.

Anyway, about Naif's romance, it's still floating or atleast thats what I think, this book is more focused on her mission to get an answers and trying to survive from being caught by the Elders and being on time to get to their meeting place with Ruzalia. So expect a lot of heart-stopping, jittery moments.  

Again, I loved Naif/Retra's traits, she really transformed from a shy ignorant Seal girl to a something! And poor Liam, he is a sweetie pie, I really do hope that Suki is still alive! What else can I say, I just totally loved it, I cannot wait for the third book to come out! And this time I'm sure she'll be back to Ixion and then there's gonna be Naif, kicking someone's asses! But sadly it's going to be the last installment, the title is Blaze Dark out on 2012. I cant wait!

A daring, remarkable story that made me want to be with Naif and her friends into this far-out world Marianne have created!  I want more of Retra/Naif!


*Special thanks to Dorothy of RandomHouse Australia for sending me a copy of Angel Arias!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this series sounds very cool I've never heard of it before. The cover is amazing as well!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I really think I have to read BURN BRIGHt everybody seems to be so fond of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lalaine! We're happy to let you know that we've included Lalaine's Fiction Book Reviews in the list of Pinoy book blogs at Read Philippines.com. We'd be honored to have you join our fast-growing community of Pinoy readers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome review! Glad you liked this - definitely have to read it soon! I can't wait to experience Retra's adventures again!! Sorry I didn't reply to your message; I haven't had access to twitter nor blogger since I'm in China :S Would I be able to borrow it once I get back? Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Shirley. Youll have the book very soon! been too busy sorry!

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.