October 27, 2011

Awake At Dawn by C. C. Hunter

Awake At Dawn by C. C. Hunter
Release Date:  October 11th 2011
Series: A Shadow Falls Novel #2
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Format: Paperback, 400 pages
Source: Owned
Buy this book: BookDepository | Amazon





Now that she’s settled in at Shadow Falls Camp, Kylie Galen’s determined to discover the extent of her supernatural abilities.  But with a ghost insisting someone Kylie loves is about die, a rogue vampire on a murdering rampage, and her sixth sense telling her someone is watching her, Kylie’s quest for answers is quickly put on hold. 
To make matters worse, just when she’s about to give her heart to Derek, a half-fairy, he starts pulling away.  When Lucas, a werewolf with whom Kylie shares a secret past, returns, Kylie’s feels more conflicted than ever. Her weekend with her mom should have been the just the break Kylie needs, but it turns out to be her breaking point.  Someone from the dark side of the supernatural world has plans for Kylie--and it'll take all her resources to get back to Shadow Falls alive

This is the sequel to Born At Midnight,  A Shadow Falls series. What can I say? I am totally in love with this series. The plot, the writing and characters were just awesome.

As Kylie still struggles to find out what kind of supernatural she is/who she really are, going to Shadow Falls Camp had been an enormous challenge for her, having to deal with herself, her dad/step-dad, and a sexy fairy-Derek- and a hot werewolf- Lucas, made her life a little bit difficult than it should be.  To add up more, ghost keeps on showing themselves to her and trying to send a message which Kylie couldn’t understand no matter how much she asked them to be clear. Someone dear to her will be in danger, it will be up to her to solve the mystery that the ghost had been throwing at her. 

This book is more of Kylie’s self-discovery and gaining good friends. Loved learning more about Kylie, her flawed but good personality, her sense of humor and how she cares about other people specially her loved ones.  Also, I loved the experience of being able to connect with her thoughts and feelings. I felt her frustration and pain. Also trying to figure out how she really felt towards Derek and Lucas who both has a place in her heart. I can only imagine, I don’t even know which one I like the most for her, when Derek was in the scene, I was all for it, but Lucas walks in and Derek gone, I was like yes YES.  pick him.  Bleh, the author was such a teaser.  I cant wait for the third book Taken at Dusk!  

A sexy, fun and thrilling story that paranormal fans will sure to enjoy this book. Loved it!

Read My Review of BORN AT MIDNIGHT #1

11 comments:

  1. I really want to read these books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this series looks really good I have to get the first book! Great review(;

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed this one. I'm still to read book one but excited after your review ~ Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laine,
    I just dropped by to say hi.

    -E

    ReplyDelete
  5. I havent read this book yet but it sounds really good awesome review!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone. :) Glad you liked it. Go read Born at Midnight iM sure yOull enjoy it. :)

    HI E, thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great series. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I have to read Born at Midnight - everyone says it's amazing! Great review: I want to read these books even more now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. @thebookaddictedgirl thank you glad you liked my review. read the Born At Midnight :) youll enjoy it.,

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.