October 23, 2011

The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa
Release Date:  October 25th 2011
Series: The Iron Fey #4
Publisher: Harlequin
Format: ARC, 400 pages
Source: Publisher via Netgalley
Buy this book: BookDepository | Amazon





My name—my True Name—is Ashallayn'darkmyr Tallyn.I am the last remaining son of Mab, Queen of the Unseelie Court. And I am dead to her.
My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl…
The 4th and the last installment of the most compelling series of YA fantasy The Iron Fey.  I am a fan of Julie Kagawa and her writing so I would definitely read anything this author would write. And I am so glad I have read this wonderful book, I just loved it. 

If you have read this book already then I think your good to read this review but if you haven't well I don't know if this will ruin your reading.

Okay I loved Ash as well as Puck but I loved Puck first ever since, I don’t know why don’t ask me, it was him that I want all along I wasn’t completely sure before but now I know I’m Team Puck, no doubt about it. 

 I know there have been a lot of reviews for THE IRON KNIGHT already so I will just give you a quick thoughts.

This book is about the Dark Prince, Ash and his journey to the End of the World, for him to be immortal he must have a soul, but he needs to pass a tests for him to claim a soul. . To be able to be with Meghan - the Iron Queen, in the Iron realm, he needs to become a human and that’s the one and only way its going to be. Along with Puck,  Ash traveled with the caith sidh-Grimalkin, the ancient Wolf, and someone that was long gone, someone they thought was dead, the reason why Ash sworn to kill Puck.   

As usual, the plot was as captivating as ever, and the characters were as perfect as it should be. There were some annoying scenes of Ash that was frustrating, about his feelings with Meghan and Ariella. Though it was understandable for Ash to feel that way, it sometimes happens in real life you know. 

Ofcourse, the ending was the ending every fan of this book would ever want it to be. A satisfying happy ending specially for those teamAsh out there(note*I do love Ash too okay), but I really felt sad for Puck, I just wish there would be another book and this time it would be his POV again.  I crave to know what’s going to happen with him, my heart ache for him so much. Ughh that kind of feeling that had clung to me for like days. I longed for Puck wondering where he could be right now. But there is a good news though, an Iron Fey spinoff where a grown up Ethan Chase will be a star on this trilogy*squeals*.

I felt every emotions, pain and happiness in this story as if it was mine.
The dangers faced were too dark, sacrifices were too great and loyalty beyond imagination that I couldn’t put this book down.  It is a timeless story of courage, friendship and true love. 

This series had been a great overwhelming experience for me; I don’t think I would ever LOVE a faery book again like I do for the Iron Fey series. So there you go! I hope you enjoy this book too as much as I do.  Im on team Puck, and im proud of it *smug*

5 comments:

  1. Gotta love Iron Fey. It's one of the best YA series I've read!

    While I do think Ash belongs with Megan, I understand your Team Puck alliance. I mean, he's protective, hot, and, more importantly, funny! And he tends to know what to say at any given moment to make the day better. So I would also love for him to have his own book!

    About the spinoff with Ethan, Julie Kagawa did mention a certain redhead narrator... do you think we'll be lucky? :)

    I also read this one as ARC, but my review won't be up till PubD... Still, I agree with yours in most points: it was great, sometimes I wanted to smack Ash around, but his conflicts were so realistic that I just couldn't...

    Thanks for sharing!

    Ron @ Stories of my life

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right it was a really nice end ! It was very interesting to follow Ash to really understand him. Great review !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen two reviews for this book within the last few days, and, each time, the reader loved it. It makes me really intrigued. I might have to track down this series. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys yes you have to read it im sure you will enjoy it CD Meeteens.

    And for Ron and Melliane thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVED LOVED LOVED this! Ash is totally amazing! Great review. ~ Donna

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.