November 5, 2011

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Release Date:  September 1st 2009
Series: The Hunger Games #2
Publisher: Scholastic, Inc.
Format: Hardcover, 391 pages
Source: Owned




Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark won the annual competition described in Hunger Games, but the aftermath leaves these victors with no sense of triumph. Instead, they have become the poster boys for a rebellion that they never planned to lead. That new, unwanted status puts them in the bull's-eye for merciless revenge by The Capitol...


What a breath-taking sequel. I'm sure most of you have read this book already, so no need for a long review, and I do think that most of you will agree with me that this is just a clever and riveting book as The Hunger Games.

Katniss, as usual was all I would ever want for a heroine, she's just as courageous as ever. I grew  loving this girl. I mean she's high-spirited person, flawed but that makes her perfect doesn't it? I admire her for swearing to protect Peeta in the Arena, her life for his. Her love for her sister, and her mother and everyone she cares about. I felt her lost, her sadness, her desperation and her frustration. I promise you, you'll experience goosebumps moments while reading this book.

And Peeta, I'm just head over heels with this guy, his undying love and loyalty for Katniss makes me want to give Katniss a shake for her to realize Peeta is the one for her.

This far-out world that Suzanne created was just wicked. But I need to really say this, I hate President Snow so much, he's no.1 on my sh*t list now, Voldemort went down to no.2 hahaha.

So for those who have not gotten around this series yet, you should start now before it comes out in the movie next year. Really really need to read the 3rd installment soon. Highly recommended.

8 comments:

  1. I loved Catching Fire :). I wasn't crazy about Peeta in book one, but I adored him in this one. So glad you enjoyed this! It's such a great series. Great review :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love this series so much! It's honestly one of my favourites of all time! You're definitely right when you say that this was a breathtaking sequel that lives up to book one. :) It never ceases to amaze me how captivating Suzanne Collins made this series, no matter how many times I re-read them!

    Awesome review, Lalaine! I'm so glad you loved this one as much as I did -- I really hope you like Mockingjay too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this series! Catching Fire was amazing, glad you liked it! Great Review :)

    Book Addict

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Catching Fire has been my favorite in the series! It was the one I couldn't stop reading, couldn't put down, and couldn't stop thinking about for a few days (which is pretty rare!).

    I'm reading "Mockingjay" right now, and it's good, but not as good as "Catching Fire", it's been a rather slow process of picking it up and reading haha. But I'm sure it will get better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Liz Mimi and Simply me. and to TheRomanceBookie yes Catching Fire i couldnt put it down its really was so good. I will read Mocking Jay soon. ENjoy your read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! So glad you're enjoying it this is the best series of all time! :D

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this series! Everybody should read this series! Hope you enjoy Mockingjay too!

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.