November 25, 2011

Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday

Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday
Series: Deadly Cool #1
Published: October 11th 2011 by HarperTeen 



Hartley Grace Featherstone is having a very bad day. First she finds out that her boyfriend is cheating on her with the president of the Herbert Hoover High School Chastity Club. Then he's pegged as the #1 suspect in a murder. And if that weren't enough, now he's depending on Hartley to clear his name. Seriously? Not cool.

But as much as Hartley wouldn't mind seeing him squirm, she knows he's innocent, and she's the only one who can help him. Along with her best friend, Sam, and the school's resident Bad Boy, Chase, Hartley starts investigating on her own. But as the dead bodies begin to pile up, the mystery deepens, the suspects multiply, and Hartley begins to fear that she may be the killer's next victim.


 
Dude, this book was darn amazing! The more you read the better it gets! I loved everything about this book, no dull and cheesy moments, characters were sooo believable, the twists and turns were astounding. Unputdownable.

Hartley -highschool girl who found out a dead body of a girl inside her bf’s closet-  was yet to have a disaster of her life. Hartley was such a funny girl. I swear I laughed at her amusing comments and even in a serious situation, she’s not what you can call a brooding, sinister teenager.  Something good for a change.  I loved her.

And Chase..  Dark bedroom hair? Those broad shoulders? Have a six-pack? I was fangirling with this guy. I don’t know with you, but sometimes bad boys are quite intriguing, and I ve always loved dark personality, theres so much about this kind of character that attracts me more.

No instalove here, as far as I know, there aint no such thing here as total love at first sight. Yes attraction but not the i-cannot-live-without-you romance here.  I guess that’s what made this book really special, and realistic. I instantly connected to Hartley, and when her investigative instincts kick in to find the killer, I was so in to it. The suspense was a killer, leaving me to wonder who is who, leading you from one suspect to another.  I was so eager to get to the real killer yet I didn’t want the book to end.

The Author did a great job in writing this kind of book. Humorous and Suspenseful, gorgeous cover, dude, it deserves to have a spot on my shelf. LOVED IT. Dying to read the SOCIAL SUICIDE book 2. Look at that. so pretty.
First lines:

There are three things you never want to find in your boyfriend's locker; a sweaty jockstrap, a D minus on last week’s  history test, and an empty condom wrapper.
Lucky me, Id hit the trifecta.

I pushed past the near-failing grade and underwear, honing in on the ripped foil packet. I grasped it between my thumb and forefinger, actually feeling my jaw drop open like some cartoon character as I leaned against the locker for support.
No way.

10 comments:

  1. Oooh I bough this a few weeks ago but haven't read it yet. I'll be bumping it up on my TBR list because you make it sound AWESOME!!! No insta-love is great too! :D


    BTW- I sent you a tweet about my post feeds.
    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually don't read murder mystery books, but I have to admit that Deadly Cool sounds incredibly intriguing. And sooo many people are saying awesome things about it, like you've done now. ;) Great review. Thanks for sharing!

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a nice series. I like a realistic storyline. Pretty covers too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys. I enjoyed this book so much, I hope you do too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I have to read this book! I got some signed cards from Gemma Halliday for Halloween but I have yet to read the book! Great review! Glad you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds pretty good. Laughed at the first lines . . . classic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice review, i'll have to check it out!
    i really dig your blog, now a follower :)
    xx

    follow back? eye_spy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I am a new follower via FF. congrats on the feature!

    you can find me at the Howling Turtle:

    http://howlingturtle-pdx.blogspot.com/2011/12/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.