November 20, 2011

In My Mailbox: 22

Hosted by The Story Siren



Ruby Prosser dreams of escaping the Congregation and the early-nineteenth century lifestyle that’s been practiced since the community was first enslaved.
She plots to escape the vicious Darwin West, his cruel Overseers, and the daily struggle to gather the life-prolonging Water that keeps the Congregants alive and gives Darwin his wealth and power. But if Ruby leaves, the Congregation will die without the secret ingredient that makes the Water special: her blood.
So she stays.
But when Ruby meets Ford, the new Overseer who seems barely older than herself, her desire for freedom is too strong. He’s sympathetic, irresistible, forbidden—and her only access to the modern world. Escape with Ford would be so simple, but can Ruby risk the terrible price, dooming the only world she’s ever known?
So this is another dystopia? Hell yeah Ill read it. 


Jane Jonas is nearing her 16th birthday and troubled by unsettling recurring dreams where the same mysterious boy her age comes to her, telling Jane that they are each other's destiny. Her mother is increasingly anxious about Jane's disruptive sleepwalking episodes, but for Jane her dream world and reality are about to collide ...When she develops a friendship with an enigmatic stranger in town, the blond, uber-cool Evan, it's exciting, it's new, and Jane wants him more than she's ever wanted anybody - until her mystery dream boy gets in the way. Now Jane is caught between two worlds: one familiar, but tinged with romance and excitement; the other dark and dangerous, where angels, werewolves, and an irresistible stranger are trying to seduce her ...

I have been so intrigued with this series, it has a lot of mixed reviews but that only made it more interesting. Im a sucker for covers too. How beautiful is that?

21 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! Don;t those covers look inviting...Lee Monroe books. Not seen those before! I shall plop on my TBR pile!!

    New follower

    MIchelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh Drought sounds amazing! I love Dystopian books <3
    The Dark Heart Forever Series' covers are gorgeous <3 But I don't think I'll read them just yet...
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Drought sounds really cool! And I love dystopians too! :D

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great week. The Dark Heart Series for me, one of them just okay books but there's something about them that makes you want to find out more. I've read both books now and will read book three. Enjoy! ~ Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I was looking for some interesting blog to follow and found yours! =D
    I hope you can visit mine too! Kindly Follow if you like my blog here http://tinyurl.com/7u2b2jp

    See you!

    Regards,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, those looks really good. I'm not very familiar with with them, but I'm real intrigued! :) Enjoy.

    My IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the covers for the Dark Hearts series. They are gorgeous and will make me want to read them. I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the covers for those Dark Heart books are really stunning! Drought sounds amazing, too. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great books! I love a good dystopian read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG These books look sooooo awesome! The covers and premise are awesome. I love dystopian!!!!

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit

    International A-Grade Fiesta Giveaway!

    International EVE by Anna Carey giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the covers and will be waiting for your review :) Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of these books sound amazing! I will have to check them out!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooooh. I am really, really, liking all of the books you recieved this week! I really hope that you enjoy them all!

    Happy Reading.

    Here's what I got In My Mailbox this week!

    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool books this week! I hope you enjoy everything! Come check out my IMM!!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2011/11/in-my-mailbox-12-e-book-edition-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! I know Drought. It was pretty good. Different. I'm curious to see what you think of it. Looking forward to your review :)

    ♥ Trish
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok - I want all of them. They are all new to me and all sounds great!
    Check out our Mailbox at Book Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  17. AWESOME!!!!AWESOME! IMM this week!
    Dystopia! yey!!!

    enjoy!!!


    here's what I got this week if you'd like to drop by -> http://bookpics-reading2alba.blogspot.com/2011/11/imm-10-belive-it-or-not-i-bought-them.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. great write up, very intrigued!
    now a follower of your lovely blog :)
    xx

    share the love? eye_spy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my god!
    Love, love the covers of the Dark Heart Forever series! <3
    Totally putting that to my TBR pile! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! I've never seen these books before, but they sure look yummy~! I love Dystopia, too, so will definitely check out Drought :) Amazing cover!
    I'm looking forward to your reviews, sweets! <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. I Love the Dark Heart Forever series. It's really enjoyable and I hope you enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.