November 16, 2011

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Series: The Hunger Games #3
Published:  August 24th 2010 by Scholastic Press










Young Katniss Everdeen has survived the dreaded Hunger Games not once, but twice, but even now she can find no relief. In fact, the dangers seem to be escalating: President Snow has declared an all-out war on Katniss, her family, her friends, and all the oppressed people of District 12. The thrill-packed final installment of Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy will keep young hearts pounding.

*SPOILERS AHEAD*
Atlas, I have finished the trilogy already. I have been a fan of this series and I will always love it, no matter what. While I thought this book was different from its predecessors, I still loved it. Since most of you had read this series, again, I will just discuss few things about this book. But this is going to be a difficult one. Forgive me if my words are all over the place.


The plot was not what I expected, though Id still say that It was gripping, but not as fast-paced. The ending was not well executed, I was kind of confused and my heart was searching for any assurance that everything will be alright, a good closure for everything. Don't get me wrong , I was happy for Peeta and Katniss, but like I said it wasn't executed really well. Where's the affection, the passion, the love between them?  And where was Gale? I wanted to know more about him. Even if I was teamPeeta, I was not thrilled to accept that he has gotten himself a fancy job somewhere else.*rolls eyes* The love triangle was confusing and tiring. 

Anyway, this book is not to be missed. Just because I didn't like the ending doesn't mean you wont, and just because I have some issues with this book doesn't mean I didn't love it, I do. And I still believe that Suzanne is one of the best author out there. Overall, it was a pleasant, and intriguing read nonetheless. Here's to Hunger Games Series and movie next year! 



Watch the move trailer of The Hunger Games 

4 comments:

  1. Yay for finishing the Hunger Games trilogy! And boy I can't wait for the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this series but I totally agree with you. Mockingjay was the least of my favourites and I wasn't keen on the ending either. ~ Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hypervetilating just watching the trailer. So cannot wait for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *cries* I love this series so much. And the trailer . . . gosh talk about the emotions!

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.