December 12, 2011

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
Series: The Infernal Devices #2
Published: December 6th 2011 by WalkerbokAustralia
Buy: Amazon | Book Depository

 In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa's powers for his own dark ends.
With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister's war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move and that one of their own has betrayed them.
Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will; the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?
As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.
*Thank you WalkerBooks for the review copy and to my friend for my ebook copy*

Heart-breaking. Humorous, Compelling.
Oh my freaking Angel!I enjoyed this book thoroughly, it lived up to my expectations and I loved it to the highest level. I should say some of the loose ends were all tied up and you'd also get something of a resolution, and I am quite happy with it, though there's still more mysteries, more questions that I think are yet to be answered in the coming books! I cannot, I musnt miss that!

I feel like a proud mama after I finished this book. I loved Cassandra Clare's style of writing, its so charming, loved how the story flow. I was bombarded with so many emotions, hurt, jealousy, betrayed, joy, fear, disgusted, astonished, it made me laugh and it made me sad, all in one book. I loved the feel of Victorian-set. The characters were stronger and more interesting. I really like Tessa, and while I think she made a snap decision, I cannot blame her for that, and dang, it happens all the time in real life. As for James and William, ahhh, loved them both they both rock! As of now, I don't think I'd be able to afford to lose either of them. That's how yummy  hot they are lol.  Henry also is one of amusing characters and Bridget here, you see she's the cook who replaced Agatha, who loves to sing dreadful, disturbing songs that cracked me up. Jessamine, how annoying was she? But still, I feel bad for her.

So you ask me, team James or William? I know, there will be point in time that I will have to answer that, so I guess I'd give one now, but it could change later on, who knows? To be honest, I'm really more in to Will's type. I don't know why but I like a sarcastic, arrogant, funny and aloof kind of guy, but! BUT with a soft heart underneath his dark and manly appearance. Not only that, there's also a scene that I think gave him more points ahead. So I guess my answer would be William. *pulls hair* But you see I hate this question and I hate my self for answering that, because I loved James too. If that makes any sense. I'd rather leave it to the author and the characters and go with the flow and just get on with it.

The ending was sort of surprising, I didn't see that coming. I'm ready for the next. So bring it on! Nuff said!

A great sequel and unputdownable. A page-turner,you'll wish you were part of their world!  


Excerpt: ::::))))


Will sat where he was, gazing at the silver bowl in front of him; a white rose was floating in it, and he seemed prepared to stare at it until it went under. In the Kitchen Bridget was still singing one of her awful sad songs; the lyrics drifted in through the door:


"Twas on an evening fair I went to take the air,
I heard a maid making her moan;
Said, 'Saw ye my father? Or ye my mother?
Or saw ye my brother John?
Or saw ye the lad that I love best,
And his name it is Sweet William?"

I may murder her, Tessa thought. Let her make a song about that.

7 comments:

  1. Great review. I'm still waiting on my copy to come. *insert lots of tears here* In the first book I was a total supporter of Team Jem and it's because I'm more into the sweet guy and Will is too much like Jace . . . but he's still very appealing to me. Now I'm worried because judging by reviews and a couple of spoilers . . . I might be a fan of Will. But I love both guys equally for one, they are great guys, and for two, they both have qualities that I admire. And thirdly they are hot. Very victorian hot - my favourite. haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you. But we will see once you read it give me a shout and Id like to know what you think of it. And see what whose side your in.:) But like youve said, I do love James too because he is sweet more mature and he plays violin too. ughh *shakes head* what can we do I mean we can only choose one. *sighs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, great review! Makes me even more excited (and scared) to finish it, haha. I'm also into Wills type for some reason! I guess I just like those arrogant males, that still obviously have that softer side for The girl. Even if they don't want to admit it! But I love Jem as well. I'm curious to see where I'll stand when finishing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful review! So glad that it was unputdownable :)

    Haha, love the excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. James, James all the way! Great review, and you, too, are saying like everyone else that this book is heartbreaking. I haven't read it, yet, but now I'm too afraid to! I don't want my heart broken....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review!! I really need to get my hands on this one..I really liked the first book in this series!

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.