December 4, 2011

Hallowed by Cynthia Hand

Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
Series: Unearthly #2
Expected publication: January 1st 2012 by Harper Collins





Clara Gardner knew that as a part angel she would one day have to fulfill her purpose, rescuing Christian from a forest fire...what she never considered was what might happen if she were to fail.

Now, torn between her increasingly complicated feelings for Christian and her love for her boyfriend Tucker, Clara must deal with the repercussions of what happened the day of the fire as the two boys vie for her heart. And, as she is drawn further into the world of angels and part angels and the growing conflict between White Wings and Black Wings, Clara learns of the terrifying new reality that she must face: someone close to her will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain after a shocking revelation, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning...
 *Thanks HarperCollins and Netgalley for the ARC of Hallowed*
A great sequel! Absolutely speechless and gutted and happy all at the same time after reading this book! HALLOWED is way better than the first book UNEARTHLY.  I literally had goosebumps with some scenes. I also cried, I tried not to, but I failed. I devoured this novel so quickly. Up until now, I couldn’t get this book out of my mind. 

Cynthia was able to capture fascinating characters, and since its Clara’s POV, I really feel for her, man, I mean it was so realistic. I felt like someone’s crushing my heart so hard. And the ending was a killer, I switched teams in this book without me realizing it and ended up torn between the two. Also, revelations will surprise you, from unfulfilled purposes to family conflicts.

Ugh I cant wait to read the 3rd installment and see how it will turn out! We can only hope book 3 will be as good as this one. Also, a good coming-of-age story.

If you enjoyed UNEARTHLY #1, then you will surely love HALLOWED. 

9 comments:

  1. Ooh I really enjoyed this one too and book 3 can't come soon enough! I also heard there may be a book 4!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great review! I've been waiting for this, you know! I can't wait to get a copy! So glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I LOVE the other cover! So pretty!
    And this sounds AMAZING, even though I haven't read Hallowed... does it end on a cliffhanger? I'm worried about the 'gutted' comment :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you girls. I loved this book compare to Unearthly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review, Lalaine! Aw, I'm sooo curious about this series. I definitely need to bump it up my wishlist! Thanks for making me even more intrigued. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm currently reading Hallowed and it's just as amazing as Unearthly. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely review, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. I cannot wait to read this book, everyone says that I'll adore Tucker. :)

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    My Teaser Tuesday!
    YA Author's Appreciation Event!
    susanhaugland@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Hallowed. I am really looking forward to the third book, this one completely leaves you hanging in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you girls. I know! me too! dying to get the third book wonder when it is coming out..

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.