December 22, 2011

Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
Series: Under The Never Sky #1
Expected publication: February 7th 2012 by Murdoch Books (Pier9)
/ Harper Collins
Aria is a teenager in the enclosed city of Reverie. Like all Dwellers, she spends her time with friends in virtual environments, called Realms, accessed through an eyepiece called a Smarteye. Aria enjoys the Realms and the easy life in Reverie. When she is forced out of the pod for a crime she did not commit, she believes her death is imminent. The outside world is known as The Death Shop, with danger in every direction.

As an Outsider, Perry has always known hunger, vicious predators, and violent energy storms from the swirling electrified atmosphere called the Aether. A bit of an outcast even among his hunting tribe, Perry withstands these daily tests with his exceptional abilities, as he is gifted with powerful senses that enable him to scent danger, food and even human emotions.

They come together reluctantly, for Aria must depend on Perry, whom she considers abarbarian, to help her get back to Reverie, while Perry needs Aria to help unravel the mystery of his beloved nephew’s abduction by the Dwellers. Together they embark on a journey challenged as much by their prejudices as by encounters with cannibals and wolves. But to their surprise, Aria and Perry forge an unlikely love - one that will forever change the fate of all who live UNDER THE NEVER SKY

The first book in a captivating trilogy, Veronica Rossi’s enthralling debut sweeps you into an unforgettable adventure

*Thank you Harper Collins, Netgalley and Murdoch Books (Pier9) for the copy*

Moving,  thrilling and captivating indeed!

So this was what all the fuss about?
To be honest, I started off quite detached because I couldn't grasp the nouns that were used in this book, but after a short while it all made sense. And I couldnt get enough of this book! I was sucked in to this distinct world Veronica has created. I want more of Perry and Aria!!! I find it very original and different from other post-apocalyptic books I've read.  I liked the sci-fi atmosphere going on here too.

See, our heroine Aria, - who lives under a cave, in an enclosed city of Reverie -  is called a Dweller. Ok so youre thinking, cave? Yes! Caves but they have this Smarteye, with this high-tech gadget they can go to the virtual spaces where they spent most of their time, otherwise they'll die to boredom. In the Realms, everything is possible.  While on a life-and-death struggle, someone saved her from getting killed. Perry is an outsider, they live in a tribe, Tides. Apparently, Dwellers and Outsiders do not out hangout with each other.  But after this event, both lives and destinies will change forever..

I know most of you are excited and anxious to read this book like I was, but this book was surprisingly good. The characters were well developed, all believable and likeable. We also have two narrators here and that's ofcourse Aria and Perry, and It did work out great for me. Aria, ofcourse started off naive, ignorant from the outside world, but she is a sweetheart, and she grew mature and brave through out her journey. But I get more excited when its Perry's. I'm hyped up when I'm reading his thoughts, I loved this character because there's so much intriguing about him, aside from he can sniff/sense fear, lies, etc. he's also a bad-ass kind of guy, he radiates confidence, courage and most of all he's a very affectionate guy thatI really really loved from a male character. And I can only imagine those cute little canines he got.And my favorite fight was when he was fighting with Reef! It was uber cool.  Roar was a hottie too but not as hot as Perry! *squeals*

And oh dang! I swoon with the ending part, the last bit was overwhelming. Ok no more, thats it! I dont want to ruin it for you guys. I LOVED this book I'm so happy its in trilogy, atleast it wont end soon enough! Veronica did an amazing job! And dying to read the second installment!

Loved this quote:

She absorbed the terror and beauty of him and his world. Of every moment over the past days. All of it, filling her up like the first breath she'd ever taken. And never had she loved life more.

14 comments:

  1. Brilliant review, Lalaine! ;) Glad you loved it just as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I've heard plenty of praises for this book and I really need to get myself a copy of this book everyone is talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I officially feel like the only one in the world that didn't love Under the Never Sky. It just didn't blow me away! But I agree that the concept was interesting. Thanks for the review! :)
    - Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to read this book! I really like dual narration, and Perry sounds like an awesome character! That quote you posted is amazing too - great review, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review/ a frend of mine pre ordered it 4me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review Lalaine I enjoyed this one too. Though it was much more sci-fi than I expected. I also had a hard time with the terms at first. I'm glad you enjoyed it I'm curious to see what happens in book 2!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Lauren so sorry that you didnt love this book but thank you for dropping by!x

    @everyone thank you guys!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! I've been curious about this book ever since spotting the awesome cover. Glad to know it's as good as it looks. I'm looking forward to that swoon worthy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Missie! wow I really do hope that you enjoy this book, and yes I find the last bit very romantic, not sure if you will feel that way too but I do hope you will. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Surprisingly good"? *cheers* I'm so glad you liked this one, Lalaine!! :) I wasn't so sure if I wanted to read this book because it seems so completely different, but your review makes me want to read it right now! And swoon-worthy endings are my favourite!

    Awesome review! :) I can't wait to read this book now -- I swear, my January to-read list has more books on it than there are days in a month! LOL! x)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Mimi yes it was good. I hope you enjoy it too girl! haha I hear you about books, so many of it piling us up and so little time! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I REALLY want to read this book so I'm soooo glad to hear you enjoyed it! It sounds phenominal because of it's unique concept. Great review :)

    Wishing you a Merry Christmas and and a Happy New Year <3

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit
    International 300 Follower Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Jaskirat Merry Christmas to you too and Happy New Year! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Under the Never Sky was so so awesome!! And yes, Perry is HOT :)

    - Alyssa of Redhead Heroines

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.