December 26, 2011

The Vampire Stalker by Allison van Diepen

The Vampire Stalker by Allison van Diepen
Published June 1st 2011 by Point



What if the characters in a vampire novel left their world--and came into yours?
Amy is in love with someone who doesn't exist: Alexander Banks, the dashing hero in a popular series of vampire novels. Then one night, Amy meets a boy who bears an eerie resemblance to Alexander. In fact, he IS Alexander, who has escaped from the pages of the book and is in hot pursuit of a wicked vampire named Vigo. Together, Amy and Alexander set out to track Vigo and learn how and why Alexander crossed over. But when she and Alexander begin to fall for each other, Amy wonders if she even wants him to ever return to the realm of fiction.

I enjoyed reading this book, I thought it was a pleasantly easy read and fast-paced. The good thing about this book was the narration and that I kind of connected with Amy, she's also a book lover, who loves this certain book called Otherworld and is kind of obsessed with this hero Alexander Banks character. I don't blame her really, I would be too.

It is hard to tell you the summ without telling the whole lot, but I'll give you a  glimpse of the beginning. So it was set in Chicago. You see, Alexander who happens to be a book character came to life. Ok, so the thing is, he was real, he just came from another dimension, although it was still Chicago, it was totally different from Amy's Chicago. His world was full of Vampires. He was chasing the notorious Vampire of his world when they ended up running into Amy while she's walking on her way home. It would have been the best thing for Amy but then come to think of it, Vigo-the notorious Vampire- was also on the loose, ready to terrorize her world, looking for a feed.

The second thing I liked about the book were the characters.They were pretty good. I like Amy, aside from her being a book lover as I am, -and as you are too- she was believable and I sympathize with her. I like reading her POV. And Alexander, I thought he was cute and I find him funny too at times. I liked the sort of intense dangers, and also the romance too, it wasnt cheesy like I expected, it went well actually.

Overall, I really liked this book. A tiny part of the plot might sound cliche but it didn't really stop me from reading this book. It's up to you how you will handle it like I said I did enjoy it, I was curious of how things happened and how it will end.  I loved the characters and the plot was interesting enough to finish it.

6 comments:

  1. That is great!! We are mostly like Amy (for being a book lover!) Awesome review, ned to add this to my TBR! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting this one for months. BUt it's so hard to find a copy here in my country. Great review! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it's a character driven book - which I love. I'll have to check it out.

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I had this book from the library at one point, but didn't have a chance to read it. It sounds really good though. I love main characters that are bookworms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like very interesting post.It is very informative.I like share all my knowledge.

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.