December 22, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by breakingthespine

You guys! I'm so excited to read these books! Aside from having an oh so gorgeous covers, they also have a very interesting synopsis too. Vampires, blood, the dead and graveyards, eeeh.



Expected publication: May 1st 2012 by DAW Hardcover







“It began in the graveyard. Ever since her boyfriend Nathan died in a tragic accident Emma had been coming to the graveyard at night. During the day she went through the motions at her prep school, in class, with her friends, but that’s all it was. But tonight was different. Tonight Emma and her dog were not alone in the cemetery. There were two others there—Eric, who had just started at her school, and an ancient woman who looked as though she were made of rags. And when they saw Emma there, the old woman reached out to her with a grip as chilling as death….”



 Awww and look at that cute dog. xxx So whats yours ? let me know and leave your links to your WOW below. Thank you! X



 Darkness Before Dawn by J. A. London
 Expected publication: May 29th 2012 by HarperTeen

This electrifying new trilogy blends the best of paranormal and dystopian storytelling in a world where the war is over. And the vampires won.

Humans huddle in their walled cities, supplying blood in exchange for safety. But not even that is guaranteed. Dawn has lost her entire family and now reluctantly serves as the delegate to Lord Valentine, the most powerful vampire for miles. It isn’t until she meets Victor, Valentine’s son, that she realizes not all vampires are monsters....

Darkness Before Dawn is a fresh new story with captivating characters, unexpected plot twists, a fascinating setting, and a compelling voice. Written under the name J. A. London by a talented mother-son team, the trilogy is perfect for fans of True Blood and the House of Night and Morganville Vampires series.

13 comments:

  1. That blurb for "Silence" makes me want to read the book! As for "Darkness Before Dawn", the cover just reminds me of all the "Fallen" series books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dark covers both of them, but I love the dog on Silence!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. They both sound great, no wonder you're waiting for them! The covers are gorgeous too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silence: sounds interesting! I love graveyards and the summary is creepy! I don't know this author so it's fun to discover them! I'll put them both on my to-big TBR pile!

    Here's mine:
    http://proserpinecravedfor.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday_21.html

    Proserpine

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooo, stellar picks; both sound like great stories! Beautiful covers and I agree with CD that Darkness does look like the Fallen covers. Doesn't mean I won't buy it when it comes out ;)
    -Kristin @myparahangover

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blurb for Silence is such a teaser! And the cover is really beautiful! I like how Darkness Before Dawn is a mix of Supernatural and Dystopian. That should be interesting. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-3-lenobias-vow.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover of Silence, the blurb a little scary and Darkness before dawn sounds interesting and the cover looks a lot like Lauren Kate´s series.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh, they both look real interesting! I love finding new books to wait on. :D I'm sure they're great choices.

    What I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I've heard Darkness Before Dawn somewhere, but I can't remember! And Silence sounds so gripping. These books look really awesome. Thanks so much for sharing these two books!

    My WoW: http://jessiraelloyd.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soooo looking forward to reading Darkness Before Dawn!! it just looks so damn good! Thanks for sharing!!

    Here's what I'm Waiting On this Wednesday! =]

    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen the books before but haven't got the chance to read it! Wow! The covers are all gorgeous! Must add it to my TBR! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. darkness before dawn sounds great!!! and another beautiful cover! damn!!!!

    Tara’s WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not sure if I like the sound of Slience, but the cover is awesome!
    Romi.x

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.