December 3, 2011

When Posting Comments....

I know this isnt about books but I want to tackle one thing that I think would help a little bit to get your post a comments from your readers.

I love writing comments to my blogger friend's, and I would go all day doing that when I'm free. But sometimes my comments would go poof! because I thought it was already published but then its not because I've already closed your blog and had moved on to another blog. *gutted*

Why? Because there is "word verfication for comments" before your comments can be saved/published. I don't want to say that this is a bad idea, but in my own case, Ive had so many comments that were just gone to waste because of these word verifications. And I guess, some of you doesn't have unlimited internet so that's another thing, its loading up too instead of getting it published straight away, and also if you don't have the time of the day for posting comments and waiting for it to load and then write the verification words before you can publish it. IF you are worried about the spammers, there's also a solution for that as well, or atleast you could somehow control it.

For those who want to get rid of this stuff, here are  the easy steps on doing it:


  1. Go to your Dashboard.
  2. Click the Settings
  3. Look for Comments below, and click it.
  4. Scroll down the page and you will see on the left side of the screen "Show word verification for comments?" Tick No. (pretty please)
  5. Then click Save Settings and voila!  
If your worried of spammers,  this can be very handy if you want to catch any comment spam before it reaches your page. Fortunately, I never had spam problem from the start.
  • Repeat steps 1 to 3.
  •  Scroll down the page and you will see on the left side of the screen "Comment moderation" Tick whatever you want to do with your comments on your own blog.
  • Save Settings and there! you're good to go!

Hope this helps! Its not that I'm complaining, I just also want to help others that has limited time in reading your posts and writing comments, for those who aren't aware they have this thing and for those who are new in Blogger. You don't have to follow this if you don't want to, I just want to share it. I love you guys!

15 comments:

  1. When I first started out, I thought it was a good idea to use the word verification to save myself from spam. But you know what? Since I turned it off (after getting irritated from having to do it on other blogs), I have probably only had 5 spam posts out of more than 1000 comments. And two of them were caught by the spam filter. So, there really isn't much to worry about with spam posts.

    I share your frustration though! Hopefully more bloggers will take this into consideration and help save their followers time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same exact way! I hate seeing those word verifications under comments, and though I understand that you don't want spammers, it gets annoying for the rest of us. Especially when we have wait and see if our comments get posted, and wait and see if the blog is STILL loading for the word verification. Bloggers should definitely take note.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the information on how to take the word verification off. I am going to hope that my experience is more like Jessica's. :)

    Shanan
    http://www.thebookaddictnet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't I hate word verification, grrrr!
    Admittedly I had it on my own blog in its humble beginnings, but when I realized how I disliked it on other blogs I turned it off. And I might get one or two spam comments a month which really is no biggie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've already axed the verification thing and now have it set that I have to approve comments on posts older than 14 days, which is where my spam hits the most. Thanks for the suggestions! It is nice to just leave a comment, then move on without having to verify. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was some of the best advice I got before starting up my blog, although I didn't realize it at them time. I agree that it's frustrating sometimes to have to wait and see if a blog is going to ask for verification.

    Most people keep a close eye on their comments and any spam that does get through is easy to delete. I've only had one case of spam in the 6 months since starting my blog.

    Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I hate word verification for a very good reason - my feed reader. Consider this - to post a common I have to retype my e-mail address and password for every comment posted. If there's a word verification, I have to retype them TWICE. Now that's dedication. - ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah!!! i put this on my "what i don't like about other blogs" post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this EXACT same problem, and it drives me NUTS. I DESPISE word verification, and it really does very little. I have mine turned off with absolutely no commenting restrictions, And I've not received a single SPAM comment.
    It's also really buggy when you're commenting fro
    iPhone, and 75% of my time checking comments is from my phone.

    Having said that, I have nothing against my friends who use it... I'm jut annoyed at Blogger for constantly swallowing my comments :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! Really helped, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate word verification! I've deleted posts because of this ... especially the ones where you have to copy a code, like, 2XJKF8rp0, etc. That's ridiculous! What I do is approve all comments ... just makes it easier for me and my posters!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I agree with you so much! I have the same issue. And sometimes when it loads, captcha is stuck and I can't even type. Which means I can't get the comment through because of a captcha bug! And sometimes, blogger decides to log me out every time I comment which means with captcha I have to log in two or three times instead of one, which is time consuming enough ._. Ugh. Moderation is lovely though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks i didnt realize i had mine on! until I followed the directions on how to turn it off!

    ReplyDelete
  14. At everyone, thank you! I know bloggers should take off their word verification thingo that way it would be faster for me to put comments on their posts. Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been thinking of doing this lately anyway, and your post just convinced me. The word verification is history :).

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.