January 15, 2012

ANEW by Chelsea Fine

Anew by Chelsea Fine
Series: The Archers of Avalon #1
Published: December 7th 2011 by Acacia Publishing


 Two years ago, Scarlet awoke in the forest alone, afraid, and unable to remember anything. Lost and confused, her life was a mystery...until she met a boy with a familiar voice.

Gabriel Archer has a voice from her past, and Scarlet's determined to remember why. She immerses herself in his life only to discover he has a brother he's kept hidden from her: Tristan Archer.

Upon meeting Tristan, Scarlet's world becomes even more muddled. While she's instinctively drawn to Gabriel, she's impossibly drawn to Tristan--and confused out of her mind. As she tries to piece together her history Scarlet realizes her past...might just be the death of her.


"What was the point of living if only to die? Her eyes still closed, Scarlet listened to the forest."

Dark, cute, heartbreaking and hot hot hot immortals! I want more!

I EFFIN LOVED THIS BOOK! I was kind of avoiding books about souls reincarnation thingo these days,not many authors can pull this off. But this book was actually quite a pleasant surprise! A romance that will pull at your heartstrings. Chelsea Fine did an amazing job weaving a beautiful (but tinged with sadness) story about a mysterious girl who knows nothing of her past but her name, Scarlet Jacobs.

I was completely engrossed with ANEW. This book is on third-person narrative of multiple characters, that's Scarlet, Gabriel and Tristan. Characters were great, they have actual depth and personality. I was mesmerized by their story and anxious for them. And man, the love triangle, it was refreshing and so good, well executed. One thing I don't like about Scarlet was she can be a kill joy sometimes (cant blame her though, not having a memory at all suck) but a great strong character nonetheless. And this twins Gabriel and Tristan were so cool and funny and sexy! Gabriel is a sweet, jolly guy while Tristan is a broody, mysterious kind of guy, its because he has a reason to be, I adore him. Loved it when the brothers bicker with each other, and also Nate and Heather such a cute and great friends.

Plot twist was great and unpredictable,   mystery has kept me from guessing, the storyline was more of revealing the curse, and Scarlet meeting the boys, the complicated love, pain, life and death and a great friendship and a little bit of memory flashbacks. Great for para and romance lover. But there's still some questions that needs answers and I guess it would be on the second book .And the ending! OMG breath-taking! I cried!  It was a good darn CLIFFHANGER! I really want more! *dies*

Quotes I loved:

Tristan was silent for a few moments, looking at the leaves before them. "Life isnt about the past and the future. Its about today." He paused. "Its about five minutes from now and two seconds ago. Its moments, you know? Not years. Years arent what define us."
"Knowing death is nearby gives you a chance to live...deliberately." -Tristan
" Before life was no longer fragile.
Those were the days when life truly meant something.

When life was hard but worthwile, and love was valuable because your days were numbered.
That was living." -  Tristan




Its also true that this has a comparison with Fallen, but thats only about Scarlet's souls reincarnation, the rest of the story were different and pure awesomeness. :)

10 comments:

  1. Oh I'm glad to read a review of this book, as I just put it on my wishlist the other day based on the cover and synopsis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this book around quite a few times now and, I have to say, your review has me really eager to read it! I'm glad you loved it and I really can't wait to see what's so hot about those immortals myself. ;) Awesome review!

    Sam @ Realm of Ficton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review!!! I'll totes have to add it to my list! Thanks for sharing.

    <3 jordan
    JordanDibb.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh~ Great review! I can't wait to read this book. I really love the cover, it's gorgeous!

    Karen @ I Read To Escape

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been hearing a lot of great things about this book! must add it to my TBR!!! Awesome review, glad you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg I so want to read this since i discovered it about a month ago. This is the first review I read on it too so I'm happy you loved it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked Chelsea's Sophie and Carter, and this one sounds great. I really want to check it out. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fresh treatment of a familiar story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really loved this book. I'm glad that it didn't involve werewolves, vampires, fairies, mermaids, or any of the currently popular fictional beings. This book also had an interesting take on the love triangle. I'm really happy about Scarlet and how realistic she is.

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.