January 11, 2012

FRACTURE by Megan Miranda

Fracture by MeganMiranda
Published: January 17th 2012 byBloomsbury Aus


Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine

-despite the scans that showed significant brain damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she's far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can't control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it?

Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she's reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy's motives aren't quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature-or something much more frightening?

For fans of best-sellers like Before I Fall and If I Stay, this is a fascinating and heart-rending story about love and friendship and the fine line between life and death.
Thought-provoking. Dark. Inspiring.

 "If you had one day left to live, what would you do?" A striking question that blew me away.

This book is gorgeously written, no doubt about it.  I loved the dark and mysterious tone of this book. Fracture is a mix of paranormal and contemporary. It deals with a young girl Delaney, drowned for 11 minutes, died but was saved by her bestfriend Decker- and  was in a coma for 6 days. When she woke up, she began to sense death around her, pulling her leading her to a dying person. Apparently, Troy found her too. From there, the story begins.

Its true that this book was a bout love and friendship and life and death. The story also gave me a sinking feeling of lost, yearning but hopeful at the same time. I also felt jealous, scared and happy while reading this book.
    "I hoped he'd take his dog and drive down to the ocean. I hoped there was still time. I pictured him sitting on the gray rocks with the waves crashing and spraying white foam. Maybe he'd hear something in the roar of the ocean, feel some limitless power, believe that there's something greater. Something more. Maybe his heaven was at the coast, with a dog's head in his lap, with nothing but water and depth from there to the horizon." -Delaney
How can you not cry or even touched with that? *sniff* Anyway, The story can be a reminder how life could be sometimes cruel, short, and unfair but sweet for certain. That for the very last breath, all you'd want to hold on to are those people you love and cherished memories. I loved how the author's voice described what heaven and hell could be, that maybe hell wasn't a place but a contagious thing or that heaven was just the wood-floored room, simply being with someone you love.

I had some issues with this book though, but it wasn't major I guess, maybe, because it didn't stop me from reading this book. First, bad communication between Delaney and her bestfriend Decker. I mean they are obviously so good together that I mentally shook them to stop messing up already. Second, Delaney's mom is annoying. I do understand she'd been through alot but your daughter needs a comfort damit! Third the ending, dont get me wrong the ending was quite GOOD, but it left me hanging in the air maybe because I wanted resolution. Still, worth my while. =))

Overall, I enjoyed this book so much.  I don't regret reading this at all.

13 comments:

  1. Oh my, I'm certainly excited to read this now! I love thought-provoking books, so I'm definitely looking forward to this! Decker sounds like a real sweetheart btw :D Fantastic review <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy this book Shirley! xoxo thanks.

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to read this. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I hope you enjoy them. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhhhhh, oh my gosh! I am SO excited for this book that it probably isn't very healthy! x) I've only heard the most amazing things about it so far and my favourite books are the ones that make you think! Plus, this book is compared to If I Stay, so how can I NOT want to read it???? ;)

    Amazing review, Lalaine! Your whole review made me hold my breath because it sounds like such a beautiful and heartbreaking story! I CANNOT wait to get my hands on this book -- I'm really glad you don't regret it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)))I hope you enjoy this book Mimi. xoxo

      Delete
  5. I love your review! I so agree. And YES, I 'complained' about the exact same things, lol. They really annoyed me as well. Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you loved my review Rebecca. xo

      Delete
  6. Great review! I did like this one but I didn't love it. I didn't like Delaney that much at all and she wasn't very nice to Decker. I'm glad I'm not the only one who had issues with that O_O

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks girl. I know they are annoying aye! x0

      Delete
  7. I really liked this one too! I agree that Decker and Delaney were so good together (shame they didn't notice it half the time! :P) and I wanted to step in there and give them a talking to. The ending left me hanging a little as well, but I enjoyed it overall. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo! I am definitely intrigued to read this one! I got this one for review too so looking forward to read it! Awesome review, Lalaine! Glad you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG OMG OMG this book is totally on my TBR list!!! It sounds soooooooo beautiful! I didn't there were paranormal elevents involved. Now I wanna read it so much more! Great review :)


    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.