January 8, 2012

Obsidian by Jennifer L Armentrout


Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout
Published December 6th 2011 by Entangled Publishing




Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don’t kill him first, that is.

Intoxicating. I DEVOURED IT!
Holy crap! *swoons* This book has seriously damaged my head o_0 ! joking! Kidding aside, this is the kind of book that will grip you, put you on the edge of your seat, twist you mercilessly and will completely blow your mind away.

The romance, dude *shakes head* Dayum, smokin' hot! Tastefully done. There were times that I had my moments like " Kiss him already dammit!" and "Wtf are you doing? Why are you talking to him, turn your back and walk the hell away... OK I changed my mind, go effin kiss him NOW!"  From the very first page, I was hooked and has kept me up all night. Its hard to put down.

I guess the main reasons I loved this book was because this book was hilarious and moving. I swear, I had my laugh-out-loud moments here which really counts a lot. Our girl, Kat, is very easy to love, she is so cute, and a book blogger too, how awesome is that? Although some has an issue with that, I don't,  I mean Book blogger exist man, that's for sure. The dangers faced were just frightening. So our protagonist girl moved into a new house to start a new life with her mom in a small town of West Virginia.  And enter our uber badass hot alien boy Daemon who lives next door. From there, the bickering and snide comments begins! Well, yeah they have this love-hate relationship, since our Daemon is the biggest A in the world, Kat is as stubborn and I admire her for that.  In spite of all, they are so good together.

Somehow this book reminded me of I Am Number Four movie(never read the book yet) probably because of the light thing powers but that's about it. the story was just AWESOME. This is the first book I've ever read from this author, so I might check out her books from now on. Armentrout left me swooning and thinking about this book for as long as it takes. I don't know guys, really I have nothing else to say anymore, I hope I've convinced you enough already with all the gushing up there. =))

"It would keep Kat safe.
Because Dee couldn't stay away from her and neither could I. But no matter where I went, what I was running from would still be with me-Kat. She wasn't just back in the house, in that bed. She was with me now, inside me. And there was no outrunning that." - Daemon

*thanks @novel_love for gushing about this book!was totally encouraged. Loved it*

15 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed it! I need to get my hands on this book ASAP! Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Celine! I hope you enjoy this book as well! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU DO REALISE I'M BROKE RIGHT NOW? WHICH MEANS YOU GUSHING ABOUT THIS REALLY DOES NOT HELP AT ALL. Sooo glad you loved it!! I've been hearing FANTASTIC things about this - and I've yet to read one single negative review! Gosh, I love books with a hot guy and sizzling romance <3 Definitely have to read this soon!! Loved, LOVED your review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the review! I've heard good things about this one. I'm still hesitant about reading something related to aliens but if it's a hot, handsome alien...I think I'll make an exception. ;) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Shirley LOL im sorry its just so gush-worthy =))) thank you! xoxo<3

    @Precious thank you! its not really like the green wide eye drooling alien so nothing gross Im sure you'll like this if youre up for an intense romance. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one sounds like it's really fun! I wanted to stop by because on my review of Rae of Hope you said you wanted to check out the book. There's a giveaway for it up on my blog if you want to enter for your chance to win it.

    http://squigglesreviews.blogspot.com/2012/01/rae-of-hope-by-wj-may.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read this book-sounds great!

    Krystal @ Live To Read ~Krystal

    ReplyDelete
  8. EEK!! Yay!! It WAS Hilarious I loved it. Daemon made me laugh so much he was great! So glad you liked it too!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just started reading this book and already snickering about book blogger thing :) Great review, Lalaine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH SWOON!!!!!! I'm so glad that you read this book!!!! I love Jennifer's work!!! I SERIOUSLY CANNOT GET ENOUGH!!!! I'm so excited for Onyx and Shadows!!!! mmmmmmm Daemon!!!!!

    Tara and her giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have heard awesome things about this book and your review makes me really want to read this one!! I will have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for this post its really interesting i bookmark your blog for future stuff like this..
    GMC Pick-up Truck AC Compressor

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, I know!! I absolutely LOVED this book too, and it was so awesome of Jennifer to make this book about a book blogger main character, because so many of her readers can definitely connect with that! ;)

    AMAZING review, Lalaine! If I hadn't read this book yet, your review definitely would've convinced me! x) <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks good - I need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.