January 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

These are the books that I cannot wait to read. I am most thrilled with Undeadly! Like Ive said I am a sucker for gorgeous covers and this one nailed it. So what you have there on your WOW? Let's check it out! Leave your WOW link and I will get back to you as soon as I can. xo


Undeadly by Michele Vail
Harlequin Teen

The day I turned 16, my boyfriend-to-be died. I brought him back to life. Then things got a little weird...

Molly Bartolucci wants to blend in, date hottie Rick and keep her zombie-raising abilities on the down-low. Then the god Anubis chooses her to become a reaper—and she accidentally undoes the work of another reaper, Rath.

Within days, she’s shipped off to the Nekyia Academy, an elite school that trains the best necromancers in the world. And her personal reaping tutor? Rath. Who seems to hate her guts.

Rath will be watching closely to be sure she completes her first assignment-reaping Rick, the boy who should have died. The boy she still wants to be with.

To make matters worse, students at the academy start turning up catatonic, and accusations fly—against Molly. The only way out of this mess? To go through hell. Literally

The Waiting Sky by Lara Zielin
Putnam Juvenile

 Seventeen-year-old Jane can’t quite face her mother’s alcoholism even though it sucks to spend all her time and energy keeping them afloat—making sure her mom gets to work, that the bills are paid when there’s money to pay them, and that no one knows her mom is so messed up. But when Jane’s mom drives drunk almost killing both them and Jane’s best friend, Jane can no longer deny her mom is spiraling out of control. Jane has only one place to turn: her older brother Ethan, who left years ago to go to college. A summer away with him and his tornado chasing buddies may just provide the time and space she needs to figure out whether her life still includes her mother


Pushing The Limit by Katie McGarry 
Harlequin Teen
In Pushing the Limits, two teens, brought together by their court ordered therapist, work together to learn the secrets of their case files, but neither foresaw the shattering consequences of the learning the truth regarding their families or of falling in love.
Intentions by Deborah Heiligman
Knopf Books for Young Readers

Rachel thought she was grown up enough to accept that no one is perfect. Her parents argue, her grandmother has been acting strangely, and her best friend doesn't want to talk to her. But none of that could have prepared her for what she overheard in her synagogue's sanctuary.

Now Rachel's trust in the people she loves is shattered, and her newfound cynicism leads to reckless rebellion. Her friends and family hardly recognize her, and worse, she can hardly recognize herself. But how can the adults in her life lecture her about acting with kevanah, intention, when they are constantly making such horribly wrong decisions themselves? This is a witty, honest account of navigating the daunting line between losing innocence and entering adulthood—all while figuring out who you really want to be.

9 comments:

  1. All amazing choices!! I can't wait to read them all :)

    Happy reading and check out my waiting on Wednesday!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-26-my-life-next.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh they all look soo good. I especially got stuck on Pushing the Limits! Time to go to Goodreads and fill out the shelves some more. ;)

    What I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the titles sound really impressing. "Pushing the Limits" and "Undeadly" captured my attention more than the other 2 so I'm adding them to my TBR list ;)

    Here's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great books this year! Great picks, I want Pushing The Limits, sounds really good! I'm waiting for Undeadly too yay!

    My WoW picks here

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these books sound amazing! I am especially intrigued by Pushing the Limit and Intentions. Great choices!

    Jennifer
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-13-fault-in-our.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of them are great picks. I'm really excited for the first three you chose. Intentions is a new find for me and it sounds really interesting. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh all of these sound so good! They're all going on my TBR list for sure! :D

    Here's my WOW pick: http://thoughts-of-an-endless-dreamer.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-27.html

    <3
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the look of Undeadly when it was first announced... I never saw the summary. Looks really good! I hope you get hold of Night School soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh Undeadly looks amazing! The cover is beautiful! I'm looking forward to The Waiting Sky; it looks interesting! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.