February 17, 2012

THE ALCHEMY OF FOREVER by Avery Williams

Seraphina has been alive since the Middle Ages, when her boyfriend, Cyrus, managed to perfect a method of alchemy that lets them swap bodies with any human being. Sera ran away from Cyrus years ago, when she realized that what they were doing--taking the lives of innocent people--was wrong. She doesn't want to die, so she finds young people who are on the brink of death, and inhabits their bodies.


Published: January 3rd 2012 by Simon & Schuster Books For Young Readers

Buy this book: Amazon | Book Depository

                            ..........





Everything- even me, and one day even Charlotte- must come to end.
 Amazingly well-done story of reincarnation.

I enjoyed this book so much! I was so absorbed reading it that I didn't want it to end, but oh well, it has to because there's a second book *dances like crazy*. It started quite odd in the beginning but once it sinks in, it was delightful and a quick read.

The things I liked about this book was the plot twists, story progression, the cliff-hanger ending(atleast it was for me) and a good leading character youd want to see succeed. so Seraphina's soul is really old, like Middle-Ages-old, but an accident happened and Cyrus was there to "save" her by making her soul enter someone's body healthy enough to live. So for so many years they have been doing this, killing people once their old bodies are giving up and is needing a new one. But Seraphina has done a mistake by helping someone from a near death when all she wanted to do was to die and end their madness. Seraphina will be a girl with a great family and a great soon to be boyfriend, but Cyrus will never stop until he finds her. There was a part of Seraphina that wanted to stay in Kailey's and pretend to be her away from murderer Cyrus, other part of her wants to leave everything behind. Will he know it was Seraphina living in Kailey's body?

I'm dying to see what's going to happen in the next book, there are still more loose ends that I'd like to see wrapped up, questions I'd like to be answered. An amazing story of reincarnation and a great protagonist. I really like her alot! Seraphina adventures were always exciting, dangers faced made me all jittery. I want the second book NOW!

"That's fine. You decide to live one moment at a time. When it's time to die, really time, you will know." -Seraphina/ Kailey

If you like this book, you might also like;

11 comments:

  1. Great review! I recently finished this book and I really enjoyed it. Wished it was longer though . . . dying to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds exciting though I'll probably wait for the second book to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting and hyping me up. Amazing review. I want my name changed to Seraphina. ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bunsox Seraphina is a cute name I suppose!x

      Delete
  4. EEP I'm so happy you enjoyed this I LOVED it! IT was so much fun and even though I saw the end coming the cliffhanger was still a killer! I can't wait for book 2! Awesomesauce review Lalaine! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, didnt expect Id enjoy it, thanks Gx

      Delete
  5. I'm getting pretty hooked to reincarnation stories! Plus, I love a little alchemy :) I think I'd really enjoy this book. Thanks for the awesome review, Lalaine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome review!! I have been hearing great things about this book..I think I have to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh!! This one sounds so freaking good. I need itttt. *counts coins* Seriously, I'm definitely bumping this one up my to-read pile, because you've made me ten times more curious that I was before. Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! This book looks so good! I will have to check it out. Thanks for the review!

    Also, I just finished Anew this weekend and loved it!

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.