February 27, 2012

A Beautiful Evil by Kelly Keaton

Myth and mayhem inhabit a richly reimagined New Orleans in this sequel to Darkness Becomes Her.After the epic graveyard battle at the end of Darkness Becomes Her, Ari and her friends know what they’re up against: Ari is facing the Medusa curse and is haunted by the image of what she will become. To make matters worse, the heinous goddess Athena has kidnapped young Violet and is threatening to destroy Ari.

Ari, along with the superhot Sebastian, is doing everything she can to learn more about Athena and to get Violet back. But the battle of good and evil is bigger than she realizes, and she’s about to be pulled into a world more horrific than she could ever imagine....




A Beautiful Evil by Kelley Keaton 
Series: Gods & Monsters #2
Published February 21st 2012 by Simon and Schuster Australia *review copy*
 

I wanted to stay... me.

A sequel to DARKNESS BECOMES HER,  Kelley Keaton did an amazing job once again in writing a book as good as the first. Utterly engaging and definitely a must-read series. And damn! I want more of Sebastian. And also, reading this book added new dreams of me going to New Orleans!

What kind of paranormals can you find here in this book I hear you ask.. well we've got shape-shifters, warlocks, revenants  and vampires etc. oh and lets not forget Ari who-is a God-Killer- can be a full grown gorgon at 21 and turn everyone in to a cold stone just like her ancestor Medusa. And Bastian *dreamy eyes* he's a vampire's blood and warlock's, interesting right?

Characterization were stronger and deeper. The author is so good with creating a wonderful characters that are so easy to love. I love Ari so much although she's kind of frustrating when her power wasnt working that well when she needs it-can't blame her though she's just a baby gorgon after all-still I love her character, I think she's great. The plot flows well, fast-paced and is certainly darker than the first one. So expect a lot of actions, dangers and some kick ass scenes! Oh and also a dose of Greek myths and ofcourse Mardi Gras!!! Kelley Keaton's writing and descriptions were just impressive and lavishing.
This book is totally one of my favorite series.

Funny, dark, sexy and gothic,  that paranormal romance readers will surely enjoy. Ending was just awesome,  it made my heart swell. Dying to read the third book! Happy reading guys. x

Sebastian's eyes were the color of smoke and silver. His pale skin, raven hair, and naturally dark red lips, paired with a rebel attitude and a poet's soul, pulled me in like a dark, magnetic force.

Read my review of :
Book 1


You might also like:

18 comments:

  1. I'm definitely adding this to my TBR. First, I have something about "Sebastian"s. Second, Gorgons? That's one no one did yet! Third, strong characters? Gothic tale? Funny?

    Me. Needs!

    Thanks a lot for this review, Lalaine!

    Ron @ Stories of my life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a unique story ROn, I hope you enjoy them!x

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to start this one..I really liked the first book in the series so I can't wait to read this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a fantastic series. Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review. I loved Darkness Becomes Her. Will have to take a look at this one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've added these to my TBR list. Now I need a vacation where there's a beach involved so I can do nothing but be lost in books. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, Lalaine, this series sounds so good!! <3 After reading your review, I honestly don't know why I ever passed up reading the fire book -- shape-shifters, warlocks, revenants, vamps, and more, all in one book? That's so cool! :) And the fact that this series is one of your favourites makes me even more excited to pick this up!

    Amazing review, Lalaine! You've officially convinced me to start reading this series -- I can't wait now! Thank you so much! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww Mimi is so sweet.I hope you enjoy this book girl! <3

      Delete
  7. Hi Lalaine! Thanks for dropping by! I've been hearing amazing things about this series and i'm so frustrated with myself because I kept delaying reading this one. Thanks for your amazing review! I'm convinced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Precious. :) Happy reading.

      Delete
  8. Oh, I'm so curious about this series! You make me wanna pick it up right away and I love that. It sounds super good and your review is completely awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sweetie!!<3 I hope you enjoy this series.

      Delete
  9. I can't wait to start this series. I've been hearing amazing this about it. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  10. when does the third book come out?

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I finished reading its preview and found out that my cousin is in their bookstore I asked her how good is the book, then she said it's perfectly great so I told her to buy the book for me. Then I found this blog, I have a feeling that it's really nice book, I'll read it later, after blogging.

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.