March 1, 2012

THE DARK AND HOLLOW PLACES by Carrie Ryan

The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan

There are many things that Annah would like to forget: the look on her sister's face before Annah left her behind in the Forest of Hands and Teeth, her first glimpse of the Horde as they swarmed the Dark City, the sear of the barbed wire that would scar her for life. But most of all, Annah would like to forget the morning Elias left her for the Recruiters.
Annah's world stopped that day, and she's been waiting for Elias to come home ever since. Somehow, without him, her life doesn't feel much different than the dead that roam the wasted city around her. Until she meets Catcher, and everything feels alive again.
But Catcher has his own secrets. Dark, terrifying truths that link him to a past Annah has longed to forget, and to a future too deadly to consider. And now it's up to Annah: can she continue to live in a world covered in the blood of the living? Or is death the only escape from the Return's destruction?
 
Series: The Forest of Hands and Teeth #3
Published March 22nd 2011 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers

what matters is what you do with the
time you’re alive.
EEEhh! I loved this book. It really is a page-turner. Definitely my favorite book in this amazing series. Why because  it has a darker settings,  the atmosphere is heavier and more intense than the first two books. that I was so terrified I had to put the book down and breathe for a sec and read it again.  I was extremely impressed with our protagonist here Annah, frankly, I think she's the most intriguing, most stronger lead character of all the 3 this series ever had.  I loved reading her point of view.

Gloriously beautiful writing and a riveting story. Did I say I loved this book? Oh well the romance, gosh I could marry Catcher right now(oh shit I'm married already :) ) The romance tension between Anna and Catcher drove me crazy (in a good way) , made me giggle like a little girl and scream inside with frustration. Action and dangers scenes were suspenseful, moving and gripping. And when the ending came, I did my dreamy sighs and I want some more of these two lovers!!!! Please tell me there is still going to be another book? It cant end like that can it? :)))

I've read this series in less than two weeks time. Just epic. this. book.
This is also going to be a  movie in 2013!!! I cant wait!

Loved this quotes:

“Sometimes life isn’t about the end,” he finally says.
“It’s not always about tomorrow and the day after that
—what we achieve over the years and how we leave
the world. Sometimes it’s about today.”
________________________________________

I stare at the way the tracks of her tears break across
her jaw and along her neck, at how it looks like her
face, once shattered, has been carefully put back
together. And I wonder if that’s what my scars really
are: proof that I’ve put myself back together again.
____________________

Broken things can be made whole again. Perhaps
not as they were before, but maybe stronger this
time.


9 comments:

  1. I didn't realise this series was going to be a movie!?!! Wow :)

    I really enjoyed this whole series and I am looking forward to what Carrie Ryan does next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WASN'T THIS AWESOME!? I love this series but this book is definitely the best of the 3. So exciting and zobilicious!! So happy you liked it the opinions are very mixed on this series so I'm happy when I see others who enjoyed it as much as I did! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it was! so beautiful.. glad you love this series too. cheers.x

      Delete
  3. The best of the series??? Oh my gosh, you finally got my attention back to these books! I thought that the first one was okay, although the way it ended depressed me a little and that's the only reason why I haven't continued to the series. But now I'm definitely re-thinking that! You've got me wanting to read this more than I ever did! :)

    Amazing review, Lalaine! Thanks so much for putting this series back on my radar! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your review seriously made me want to pick up this book right now! And now I learn it is a series!! I have to check out these books ASAP. Thanks for the awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, Carrie Ryan is a very gifted writer. I love the way she has with words. I've only read book one in this series, but I'm glad to hear it gets better with each book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this series. Very gripping. TFOHAT had me fleeing for my life too, TDTW surprised me the different angle Carrie took with characters, but totally loved Catcher and Elias, then TDAHP and that bridge!! Such gripping reads.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. The book begins with an emotional, not action-oriented, bang. Right from the start we see exactly what is at Annah's core and the rest of the story deconstructs what we see in the first chapter, removing layer by layer the hard outer shell she has constructed around her heart.

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.