March 5, 2012

PANDEMONIUM by Lauren Oliver




I’m pushing aside the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.
Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.






Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Series: Delirium #2
Published February 28th 2012 by HarperCollins

Spoiler-free. (I hope) 

Have you ever felt so simultaneously shocked and desperate for a thing that you literally have to grab your hair and silently scream?  I have, and up until now, It's still on my mind trying to absorb what just happened. Oh, It wasn't soundless scream at all actually. I was like WTF! I knew it! I knew it! And my husband came running out of the room asking whats happening, and I was like I knew it! And for a moment I thought he'd tell me I'm crazy but he just shook his head and left, me, still disoriented with what just happened. LOL.

At first, I was being impatient with Lena, the story was just a bit slow for me, however, I am totally a Delirium die hard fan so I was stuck with it. I felt like I was missing something, probably because my heart was looking for Alex's presence. But halfway through, the story became more interesting, intriguing, especially when Julian walked in to the scene. The dangers and action kept me on the edge of my seat. I was drawn with the new world and new characters that it was hard to put this book down. You'll watch Lena grow and develop. Lena's a whole new person here in this book, she's still flawed but stronger, and real. I was bombarded with many emotions, grief, loneliness, revisiting her losses of all the people she loved and once have, anger, happiness and great disbelief. The plot was so twisted I couldn't guess enough of what was happening. And then... BAM! The ending. HUGE CLIFFHANGER! It was wicked, a torture to us readers. I felt like watching it, there, just in front of my eyes, live. So for those who haven't read this series yet, this book is all about Love, not some icky-cheesy romance you're thinking but Love, this thing they called deliria-a disease- that revolves around us. Love: that is everything.

Thought-provoking and well-written, you guys, fans of Delirium, this one is worth it, you should read it!!! Dying for the third installment!!!!

15 comments:

  1. Great review! While I wasn't a HUGE fan of the first book, I still enjoyed it enough to want the sequel. Looking forward to reading it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin hope you enjoy this one. x

      Delete
  2. AAAAAA! I'm reading this book now, Lalaine but I just started so I still don't know what it's about but because of the reviews on Goodreads saying how the book ends in a cliffhanger, I was able to guess it! :(

    Anyway, awesome review, Lalaine! So glad you enjoyed it! <3

    I MISS ALEX!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss Alex too :(((( thanks Celine

      Delete
  3. Ahhh! I can't wait to read this book. I'm supposed to get it today, so hopefully I'll be reading it soon!
    Great review, I can't wait to find out what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this book all over the place! It seems to be the next big thing... Thanks for the awesome review! I might have to keep an eye out for it now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, not another cliffhanger! But I still can't wait for my copy to arrive in a week or so :D

    Fabulous review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh. OK. SO! I haven't read Delirium yet. Then, last week, I (stupidly) read a review for Delirium, with a MASSIVE SPOILER! And now I'm scared to reeeeeaaaad it. I don't want to break my heart! But then you go and post a review this amazing! *sobs* NO FAAAAAIR!

    ALSO: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! LALAINE! YOU'RE READING FATED! *flails* *freaks out* I HOPE YOU LOVE IT! XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to read these. Great review! It's wonderful when a book has the reader pulling their hair out ...in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eep have to get on the bandwagon and read Delirium soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooo, I didn't dare reading TOO closely, but I did skim it and I'm glad you liked it! I fail so bad with not having read it yet. o: I have Delirium waiting even! I so need to read it as soon as time comes. NEED to. o.o Sounds so awesomeeee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did like it thank you. Youve got to start reading Delirium already REbs! xo

      Delete
  10. Loved Pandemonium! Was so happy with how amazing a sequel it was to Delirium. I went out and bought Delirium and Pandemonium both after finishing them. I won't say anything about Requiem until you're finished reading it but I'm REALLY looking forward to your review on it!

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.