March 26, 2012

Taken At Dusk by C.C. Hunter


Synopsis from Goodreads:
Kylie Galen wants the truth so badly she can taste it. The truth about who her real family is, the truth about which boy she’s meant to be with—and the truth about what her emerging powers mean. But she’s about to discover that some secrets can change your life forever…and not always for the better.

Just when she and Lucas are finally getting close, she learns that his pack has forbidden them from being together. Was it a mistake to pick him over Derek? And it’s not just romance troubling Kylie. An amnesia-stricken ghost is haunting her, delivering the frightful warning, someone lives and someone dies. As Kylie races to unravel the mystery and protect those she loves, she finally unlocks the truth about her supernatural identity, which is far different—and more astonishing—than she ever imagined.



Taken At Dusk by CC Hunter
Series: Shadow Falls #3
 Expected publication: April 10th 2012 by St. Martin's Press  (Thank you)
My Rating: ★ ★ ★
"Life's hard. Love's harder."
 I was so excited when I (finally) was able to read this book early, and as always, CC Hunter never fails to amaze me with her story-telling, I just loved this series. And I liked the new characters and mystery she added that has kept me more interested. So the story deals with Kylie, who is trying to figure out what she really is and trying to fit where she really belong in this new world she found.  Kylie seemed to grow more through out the story which is really really good. But her feelings for these two hot guys - charming fae Derek and badass werewolf Lucas- are still floating. Well if you ask me, dunno who to pick! I'm crazy over Lucas but I'm also fond of Derek. He grew on me from the second book so its kind of difficult to choose for Kylie right now. We will see how it goes, lets hope that CC would really pull this one up neatly. I also loved the side characters around Kylie, CC really did a great job creating a story that doesnt only revolves with our protagonist(self-discovery) but also extended to her supporting characters. Oh, and I really really think Della(the vampire) is a kickass and Perry he is soo hot.
"There are no guarantees,” Kylie countered. “Not with love or with life. But we can’t go through life never taking a risk. And that’s what we are all agreeing to do. Put our hearts out there. Take a chance with a boy. We might end up hurt, but we might not.”
The plot twists were intriguing, there was a right amount of mystery, tension, laugh out loud moments, romance and (very)emotional scenes. Overall, I really really liked this book, this is the kind of book/series that every teenagers should read, Kylie is really a great protagonist, although flawed, but great. There are few more questions that needs an answers so cant wait for the fourth installment! Self-discovery, heartbreaks, mysteries and suspense, life and death, you surely don't want to miss this.
“Thing is, those two sort of go hand in hand. Not that you’ll ever really forget, but you accept that it happened and move on. You accept that all people make mistakes. No one is perfect.”
“And what if you can’t?” Kylie watched a bee buzz past her. “What if I can’t ever really forgive him?”
“Then you let go,” she said.
Watch this book trailer of TAKEN AT DUSK, its just so beauitiful and a hair-raising video.



Book 4

7 comments:

  1. WOW!!! you are so lucky ,,, I'm dying to read this book ,,, GREAT REVIEW ,,, so i have one Question? did she found out what she is really are? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humor, mystery and romance sound good to me. Nice review, I'll have to keep an eye out for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, Lalaine, I haven't read ANY of these... I don't know whyyyy! They have such seriously pretty covers. Oooh, so curious. I love that you love Kylie so much! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This series is already on book 3?! I'm so far behind! I still have the first book on my list to get to, but I'm glad to see this latest book is a solid addition to the series. It's always nice to know the books get better or at least stay as good as the earlier books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, who is this Kylie and why haven't I met her yet?? She sounds like such a great, kick-ass yet totally wise character! :) I love it when heroines can be awesome and flawed at the same time because it makes them easier to relate to, and those quotes made me want to give her a hug!

    Awesome review, Lalaine! You always remind me to read books that would otherwise just be sitting on my TBR pile -- I need to catch up with this series soon! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome review!! I can't wait to read this book so your review gets me even more excited to read it :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, that is a creepy trailer. :O But it looks awesome! And gosh, I so need to read these books. They sound soo good! I'm really glad you liked it so much! You definitely make me excited to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.