March 31, 2012

Using Google Reader: Keeping Up With Your Favorite Book Blogs, Avid Readers' & Commenters' Blog Updates.


Because you are following a huge numbers of bloggers, you'd like an easy access to your favorite book bloggers, authors' blogs, or simply wants to pay back a visit to your avid readers' posts regularly. Ofcourse you'd like to do this in a very organize way. Whether its from Wordpress or any other websites, without having to subscribe via emails. Here comes Google Reader, where you can keep all these blogs neatly in a folder, i.e. Favorite YA Blogs, Authors Blogs, etc. So this is totally different from your Blogspot's dashboard.



 I guess, for other users like Wordpress, etc. you will have to sign up for Google Reader and create an account here.

Since I am a Blogspot user I'll show you the very easy steps to have an organized reader. If you dont have Google Reader account yet, please sign up first.

  • Dashboard>Right below Items you will see View In Google Reader , click it. You will be now sent to your Google Reader home page. 
  • To manage blogs: Click the blogs you would like to include in your folder and then click the Feed Settings and scroll down>select New Folder. You can name it whatever you like to name it. Its up to you :)
  •  To add sites/blogs: Click Subscribe button and add the URL of the site you would like to include and make sure you include them in their proper folder, by clicking Feed Settings> scroll down and select their designated folder.
  • To Read updates: Under Subscription, just click the folder you would like to check on your left side bar. And all of their updates will be shown. Great right? :)

    And voila! You can now check all your favorite blogs'/commentors/readers' updates in a very organized manner. To comment on their posts, please click the items/titles and you will be sent directly to their page/blog. :))

    So happy reading guys. And hope it all works for you. I'm very happy with Google Reader, so hopefully you will too! Cheers.x

    4 comments:

    1. Eeeeee! Lalaineeee! Thank you SOOO much for this info/tutorial! It helped me HEAPS! Now I can keep updated on the blogs I follow in a VERY organized manner :DD Thanks soo muchh<3 xx

      ReplyDelete
    2. GREAT post, Lalaine! I'd go crazy without GR--so many blogs, and I'd always forget someone else. I kind of assume everyone knows about it, but I've spoken to a few people recently, and was surprised to find I was wrong. This is a FABULOUS post--I mean, all those people who don't know about Google Reader, or how to use it? LIFESAVER! ♥

      ReplyDelete
    3. I am using Google reader, but it's disorganized as I haven't got around to sorting things in folders. Thanks for this post, it's very helpful!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Wonderful post. I don't know what I would do without GoogleReader. It took me such a long time to discover it.

      ReplyDelete

    This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.