April 2, 2012

Blogspiration: Quotes to Live Your Life By... and Tattoo


Blogspiration is a weekly meme hosted by GrowingUp YA & Saz101. The meme was created to help spark inspiration among bloggers, readers & writers alike. An inspirational quote/picture/video is posted weekly, on the day of the author's choosing, so that it may inspire creativity, conversation & just a little SOMETHING.



 Question:
 What is your favorite literary quote? Think about that ONE quote that speaks to your soul. The one you've considered tattooing onto your body or the one you've plastered all over the walls of your...um, heart?
I LOVE quotes. I loved quoting lines from the books Ive read and including them on my reviews, because it makes the story more interesting.  If I were asked what quote I would tattoo on my skin, I would put this one word. ASHES. This one word has so much impact to me.

“ASHES.
He had reduced me to ashes.
And now I would rise.”  - DON'T BREATHE A WORD by Holly Cupala
I loved this quote, it has a lot of meaning if you just think about it. That no matter what happened in our lives, no matter what mistake we made, we can always start over again. Like the Phoenix from the ashes, we rise...

 and now we dance! :) x

More quotes that I really love. Because I am not a perfect person but I try my really best for those people I love and I am probably still finding myself. :)

“Sometimes it’s the mistakes that turn out to be the
best parts of life,”- The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan


“Because you fight it out, and stumble, and write bad poetry, and pick yourself up again, and at the end, hopefully, someday youre sitting with your kid on her bedroom floor, talking about how you screwed everything up too.”- Faking Faith by Jossie Bloss

12 comments:

  1. I love quotes too, those are some great ones you mention here :)
    Among my favs are
    "You pierce my soul"-Persusaion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh waw this was so beautiful :) <3 All three of them! Great pick for the quotes :) I'll read the book DON'T BREATHE A WORD! :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Fantastic quotes! I agree! I make so many mistakes but each one of teaches me so much! I love comparing stories about past challenges with friendly people!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhh, Lalaine! <3 They say less is more and they're completely right -- that quote may be small, but it's so incredibly beautiful! He had reduced me to ashes... I haven't read that book yet but I just added it to my TBR pile now! And it's so cool how you mentioned the phoenix because that used to be my favourite creature! (When I was in love with X-men LOL but still...) x)

    Amazing Blogspiration for the week, Lalaine! I hope you have a fantastic Sunday! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you did have an awesome weekend Mimi<3 thanks!<3 xxx

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness... “ASHES. He had reduced me to ashes. And now I would rise.”

    This gave me CHILLS. Honest to goodness. I haven't read the book, but *shivers* oh, I LOVE the meaning... and the Carrie Ryan quote is BEAUTIFUL.

    Thank you thank you thank you, a million times thank you for sharing these ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the meme! and thanks thanks thanks :))x<3

      Delete
  6. THOSE QUOTES ARE AWESOME, Lalaine! Sadly I haven't read any of the books where the quotes come from but like Sarah, the quote from Don't Breathe A Word by Holly Cupala gave me chills. It's a beautiful quote!

    Thank you so much for sharing this post with us, Lalaine! I hope you've had a lovely weekend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hih! thanks Celine! x I hope you enjoy DBAW!

      Delete
  7. Aaahhhh!!! I seriously gasped when I read that line! I love that there's still so much strength behind these "ashes." That she could rise from them like a Phoenix...WOW!!! LOVE IT :D Thank you sooo much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously LOVE that last quote. It has so much voice and rings true for so many people. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Powerful quote from Don't Breathe. I'm thinking of getting a tattoo but the 'rents are all like "YOU WANT TO TRIGGER a World War 3, YOUNG LADY?" *sighs* Anyways, love this post. Miss ya, Ate. Currently catching up with your posts...

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.