April 7, 2012

In My Mailbox 39





Hi guys, how are you? I'm kind of excited with these bunch of books I received this week. I cant wait to read all of these. Hope you have a happy Easter. x







Add this book
Synopsis from Goodreads:
Twittercide [twit-er-sahyd]: the killing of one human being by another while the victim is in the act of tweeting.

Call me crazy, but I figured writing for the Herbert Hoover High Homepage would be a pretty sweet gig. Pad the resume for college applications, get a first look at the gossip column, spend some time ogling the paper’s brooding bad-boy editor, Chase Erikson. But on my first big story, things went... a little south. What should have been a normal interview with Sydney Sanders turned into me discovering the Homecoming Queen-hopeful dead in her pool. Electrocuted while Tweeting. Now, in addition to developing a reputation as HHH’s resident body finder, I’m stuck trying to prove that Sydney’s death wasn’t suicide.

I’m starting to long for the days when my biggest worry was whether the cafeteria was serving pizza sticks or Tuesday Tacos..
Publication: April 24th 2012 by HarperTeen USA

Add this book
Synopsis from Goodreads:
Rachel thought she was grown up enough to accept that no one is perfect. Her parents argue, her grandmother has been acting strangely, and her best friend doesn’t want to talk to her. But none of that could have prepared her for what she overheard in her synagogue’s sanctuary.

Now Rachel’s trust in the people she loves is shattered, and her newfound cynicism leads to reckless rebellion. Her friends and family hardly recognize her, and worse, she can hardly recognize herself. But how can the adults in her life lecture her about acting with kevanah, intention, when they are constantly making such horribly wrong decisions themselves? This is a witty, honest account of navigating the daunting line between losing innocence and entering adulthood—all while figuring out who you really want to be.
 Publication: August 14th 2012 by Random House Children's Books


Add this book
Synopsis from Goodreads:
Kami Glass loves someone she’s never met . . . a boy she’s talked to in her head ever since she was born. She wasn’t silent about her imaginary friend during her childhood, and is thus a bit of an outsider in her sleepy English town of Sorry-in-the-Vale. Still, Kami hasn’t suffered too much from not fitting in. She has a best friend, runs the school newspaper, and is only occasionally caught talking to herself. Her life is in order, just the way she likes it, despite the voice in her head.
But all that changes when the Lynburns return.
The Lynburn family has owned the spectacular and sinister manor that overlooks Sorry-in-the-Vale for centuries. The mysterious twin sisters who abandoned their ancestral home a generation ago are back, along with their teenage sons, Jared and Ash, one of whom is eerily familiar to Kami. Kami is not one to shy away from the unknown—in fact, she’s determined to find answers for all the questions Sorry-in-the-Vale is suddenly posing. Who is responsible for the bloody deeds in the depths of the woods? What is her own mother hiding? And now that her imaginary friend has become a real boy, does she still love him? Does she hate him? Can she trust him?
Publication: September 11th 2012 by Random House Books for Young Readers


Add this book
Add this book

Add this book
Add caption
Add this book
Add this book
Add this book
Add this book



Add this book

16 comments:

  1. Breathless looks really good. I love the cover. I hope you enjoy everything. Here's my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-29.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome books this week!! They all sound great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. NIce! Social Suicide is amazingly hilarious! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Lalaine! What an awesome haul this week! I haven't read any of those books and I haven't heard some of those but they look AWESOME.

    Hope you enjoy all your books, can't wait for your review!

    Happy reading! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Social suicide looks really good ;) Enjoy all your awesome books this week! Happy Easter! ;) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just borrowed Deadly Cool from a friend and looking forward to starting it soon. Control Crush was a SUPER cute read. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! So many wonderful books Lalaine! :) I'm excited for you to read and review Above, Intentions, Unspoken and The Book of Blood and Shadow! And of course, Brigid Kemmerer's books! <3 Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Twittercide. :'D I still have to read the first book, but this series sounds so cool!

    Happy Easter & Happy Reading,
    Patricia // My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh awesome, you had some amazing books! Some I would love to read as well. ENjoy them all!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cover for Breathless is gorgeous!!! I really want to read Social Suicide, which is horrible since the first one has been sitting on my shelf forever TBR...sigh!

    Thanks for stopping by LIO!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got a lot of great books this week. A lot of these books look good. I have been wanting to read Ward Against Death for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Social Suicide is amazing! Amazing amazing amazing. And I can't wait for Above!! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    Here's my IMM: http://emilyscrammedbookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-17.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! Awesome haul chick! I'm really excited to read Unspoken it sounds so good and right up my alley!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, so many amazing books! I just read an AmAZING review for Deadly Cool, so I'm seriously intrigued by Social Suice. Also... STORM STORM STORM@ And the cover for Red Moon Rising? GENIUS! I also really want to read The Book of Blood and Shadow! Amazing haul! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh!! Storm \o/ I NEED to read that ASAP. o: It sounds fantastic!
    Looks like an awesome week for you. :DD Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.