April 27, 2012

Nevermore (Nevermore series#1) by Kelly Creagh


Cheerleader Isobel Lanley is horrified when she is paired with Varen Nethers for an English project, which is due—so unfair—on the day of the rival game. Cold and aloof, sardonic and sharp-tongued, Varen makes it clear he’d rather not have anything to do with her either. But when Isobel discovers strange writing in his journal, she can’t help but give this enigmatic boy with the piercing eyes another look.

Soon, Isobel finds herself making excuses to be with Varen. Steadily pulled away from her friends and her possessive boyfriend, Isobel ventures deeper and deeper into the dream world Varen has created through the pages of his notebook, a realm where the terrifying stories of Edgar Allan Poe come to life.

As her world begins to unravel around her, Isobel discovers that dreams, like words, hold more power than she ever imagined, and that the most frightening realities are those of the mind. Now she must find a way to reach Varen before he is consumed by the shadows of his own nightmares.

His life depends on it.
Goodreads
Series: Nevermore #1
Published August 31st 2010 by Atheneum 


Im so sold!
Does anyone of you have read the famous The Masque of the Red Death by Edgar Allan Poe? Or any book of him? Not me, I havent, but because of this book I added it in my pile. And because of this book did I google Poe's death and was amazed how mysterious it really was. I loved how he became part of the story and his poems that was used here was just beautiful. This book was such a fun and interesting read that sucked me in from the very beginning. Im sure most of you have already read this so I don't think there's so much left for me to say other than ITS FREAKING AWESOME. I must admit, that the first thing that got me into reading Nevermore was the title itself. I loved it, dont know why but i do. Next, was the premise. It was really intriguing, I mean really cheerleader and goth boy? Plus Poe? Hooked!

Plot was very original, atleast that's what I thought. Its unlike anything else Ive ever read before. A stories from a dead author's books came to life?
Amazing.

The dark and mysterious events sets a foreboding atmosphere that was totally gripping. I guess I can say that it was unpredictable, didnt know what's going to happen next until I was right there on that spot.  I loved all the characters, in their own unique ways. The romance of Varen and Isobelle was so intense. The only issue I have for the story was some unnecessary details included. Like Isobelle going upstairs had to take her 2 pages before she can reach the top and finally opens the door. But other than that, it was such a lovely read. And man, the ending, it was freaking good. It was both heartwrenching and hopeful. I loved Varen eeep.

The author did an amazing job in writing a story like this, I thought it was very clever and creative. I can't simply wait to read the second book. Though it took them 2 years to have the second book, dunno why but Im just happy that it will be this year! yay.

Book 2 will be out on August baby!

9 comments:

  1. Oooo!!! I think I've seen this book before but never actually read the summary or read a review on the book! This sounds really awesome, Lalaine! I must add this to my TBR!

    Awesome review, Lalaine! ♥ So glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just . . . LOVED this book. Mostly because I'm a huge Poe fan! Anyway great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was one of my fave reads of 2011. LOVE VAREN ♥ *sigh*... But yes, there were many unnecessary details... but i didn't mind since the book was AWESOME! Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book too! Such a great book, the delay for book 2 has kind of been a painful one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made it to my list of faves! Varen for ever and all that... Seriously! The original date for book 2 was in Feb, but because extensive editing it got pushed back to August... Booh! But still, it's coming out this year! I can't wait!
    Plus, the synopsis? Book 2 synopsis? Oh my God! I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ADORED this book too. I can't wait for the sequel. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh! I hadn't heard of this book until now, but it sounds kind of creepy in a good way. I'm definitely adding this to my reading list!
    Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, this book has been on my list for a while, but I lost track of it. This sounds great, so I'm going to keep a better eye on it :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read the first book and I just fell in love of it every since!:)

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.