April 20, 2012

Onyx ( Lux #2) by Jennifer L Armentrout (spoiler-free)


Synopsis from Goodreads:

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarre connection. I’ve sworn him off even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But against all common sense, I’m falling for him. Hard.

Our relationship issues aren’t out biggest problem…

The Department of Defense is here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we’re linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And when a new boy shows up a school with a secret of his own, things get complicated fast. I need to choose between my own instincts and Daemon’s.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. Daemon’s never going to stop searching until gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies
.
Goodreads
 Series: Lux #2
 Expected publication: August 14th 2012 by Entangled Teen (Thank you!)

Oh, holly alien babies everywhere...
Are you ready for more breathtaking ride?

Move aside you sexy charming vampire, make way for the hot infuriating, boy-next-door alien.
I think I loved this book more than the first one. So anxious when I started reading Onyx because some of the sequels I've read lately are just a let-down compare to their predecessors. But this book was pretty darn good. Not only there are more new characters added but also we will be seeing a different side of Daemon that we don't see often or rather we never saw in Obsidian and as always, he CRACKS me up. I loved it when he calls Blake wrong names like Flake, or Boris or Baff just to annoy Katy, or was it because he was jealous? Oh! I hear you ask, is there a love triangle? Hah! I will never tell.

A storyline that is both intriguing and bursting with humours. There are more surprises in store for fans of this amazing series. I bet you couldn't wait to know what those are? I was reading this book in an ungodly hours, the story just flowed along well and just couldn't put it down. The sizzling romance and revelations are just simply irresistible. The main characters got stronger and has more depths than ever. Katy is such a very enjoyable narrator/heroine/protag. She definitely grown more mature since the first book and I loved loved loved reading her thoughts, she felt so real and sensible and a kickass. I was emotionally connected with her. Now lets talk about Daemon, hmm yummy sexy Daemon. Dont you just loved it when this bad-arrogant-douche-face-guy shows his other-side of pure angelic sweetness?

  *curls up in bed and dies*  

The chemistry between them was steamy, fascinating and hilarious at the same time, they still bicker and insult each other. Their relationship is charged with so much tension that you will be squealing inside.

Once again, Jennifer has yet proved  that her talent is pure epicness, this book is simply amazing, left me astounded and frustrated at the same time(in a great way). The ending was.. the ending was.. it was a WTF-moment for me! I can hardly wait for the third book. I hate this nailbiting-season and shit.

Overall, loved this book, glad I stuck with this series, and I have a good feeling that the third book will be freaking good as this one. I have a big fat guess on what is going to happen next but it's only a guess, and If I am right, its going to be insane! *zips mouth*

"Memories, even bittersweet ones, are better than nothing, you know?"
 I closed my eyes. That kind of love shoul've been able to beat sickness. That kind of love should've conquered anything.

22 comments:

  1. I am so dying to read this book although I haven't read the first one! I need to read Obsidian soon before the sequel comes out!

    Awesome review, Lalaine. So excited to meet Daemon! ♥ Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Celine, I hope you enjoy this once you read it! <3

      Delete
  2. I CAN NOT WAIT to get this book!! I love Obsidian so much<3 Great review and to be honest it kind of is what I had wanted :) So glad you enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did enjoy it thanks Tiffany. x

      Delete
  3. I'm always terrified when I'm starting a sequel of a book I loved. I'm glad this one exceeded your expectations, Lalaine. The first book didn't quite work for me but I've heard great things about this one. I'll certainly read it as soon as I get a chance.
    Wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I still have to read the first book in the series. I think I'll get to it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same here Patricia! I need to read the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ate curling up in bed and dying is undoubtedly possible. DAEMON IS OOZING WITH FREAKING ALIEN HAWTNESS. With that being said (or typed? Whateves.) I'm never moving on when it comes to him. I give you an official fangirl thumbs up for this review, Ate! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your review made me so excited. I want to go get the first one right now. I've added it to my list. Thanks for the awesome review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been dying to read this one! I have to go order it right now :D
    Krystal @ Live To Read ~Krystal

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome review, wow I can't wait to read this book ... happy you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. *hands you the key* Can you unzip your mouth and spill all of the awesome Onyx secrets now? LOL I want to read this book so badly! After loving the first book completely (like every other blogger, because who CAN'T fall in love with a book about aliens that was written for bloggers like us? JLA rocks <3), it feels like I might drown before I can find the time to read this one too. I just KNOW it's going to be epic! :)

    Amazing review, Lalaine! Hearts from Mimi for getting me excited all over again x) <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. *dies* I.NEED.THIS.BOOK.NOW. (or at least both this AND Obsidian!) I don't think I've read a single negative review for this/Obsidian - so I really must start it already! Daemon sounds HOT!:)
    Fabulous review, Lalaine! I'm so glad you loved this <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg. I still haven't started this series yet but every review I read is practically screaming at me to grab a copy asap!! I'm glad you really loved this. This will be my first alien series..so I'm excited. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wasn't a big fan of the first book, but I am still excited for this one. Thanks for the review and making me want to continue with the series!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought the first book was fun, so I'm glad to hear the humor is still there in this one. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohh, great review! I need to read this series and that is now. o: Why am I waiting?! No, I don't know either. Gah! You're fantastic at the teasing, you know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven’t red the book yet but I think it’s quite nice to read since I am a book lover! Nice blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved this sequel! Although it frustrated you at times, it always pulled through and left you curious for more. I love the love - hate relationship between Daemon and Kat. I laughed several times at the way the author wrote. She tied in humor and suspense perfectly. And I've got to say, daemon has got to be one of the sexiest lead males in a book series that I've read in a while! So props for this book! I definitely suggest it if you're looking for an entertaining read.

    Cath Brookes (Skagway AK)

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.