April 29, 2012

Stacking The Shelves (1)

How are you guys? I hope you are all doing great. I just have to tell you that today was a wow day for me, I was so behind about this plagiarism news about TheStorySiren blogger Kristi. I know it could be old news for you but not for me as I got it just today. And wow did it blow my mind away. Since I am not participating in IN MY MAILBOX meme anymore, I thought I'd explain why. I believe that now that this sad unfortunate event has happened, the blogging community has been divided big time. Some would go on her side and that I respect, because we are entitled to what we believe in and also our opinions. And this is my only opinion, hence you do not have to agree with me. I may have not known every single details about this plagiarism news about her but I've read the bloggers' posts that she allegedly stole the contents from, and from what I understood, is that she did apologize but not really.
I speak only for myself, however, when I say that I won’t accept Kristi’s apology until she admits that she knowingly and with intent committed this plagiarism. - this is quoted from the author of beautifully-invisible.com 



Yes we forgive and forget, ofcourse that can be done, but please do not send hate emails to those victims of this sad event. Like Beautifully-Invisible said,
Let’s make one thing clear.
Kristi is NOT a victim.
We are the victims.
In my case, I also google words that I'd like to add on my reviews, a sentence I couldn't wrap up on my head but a little research helps but not entirely stealing paragraphs and change couple of words only.   Since English isn't my first language I am still learning and research is really the best thing for me.

I am not the kind of person who meddles about stuff that isnt my business but those people who gets angry because someone sympathizes with the victims are just not good. Remember stealing contents is bad. Anways, I know you are getting sick of this news too, so am I. I do not have anything against Kristi but to show my support to anti plagiarism as I work hard to get a book review done for like so many hours I will not participate with IMM anymore. so let me show you the books I received this week.





So there you go, I hope you did have a wonderful week! I cant wait to check yours out! :) <3

16 comments:

  1. Awesome books this week :) I hope you enjoy all of your new reads!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books this week :) I really want to read The List - sounds so good! And I have to get around to reading Hourglass soon, with Timepiece coming out now and all... Hope you like all your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul this week, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! I really want to read The List. It sounds so good. I love the cover for Timepiece! :)

    Happy reading!
    Pam | jelly loves books

    ReplyDelete
  5. great haul, I also got Timepiece, I can´t wait to read it.
    Enjoy your books!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finished The Savage Grace last week and I loved it. It was a great ending! I hope you enjoy everything and here's my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-32.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the first bree despain but haven't read it yet I hope you'll enjoy it as all your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got Timepiece tooooooo! And The Savage Grace is DEFINITELY the best of the series. SO GOOD. I hope you love all your books! Thanks for stopping by! :D

    Amber @ Fall Into Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh you got Savage Grace??? Dying to read that one! :) I've heard amazing things about Timepiece (haven't read the series though) and Fair Coin. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Timepiece, The Savage Grace and The Witch Who Made Adjustments (especially The Witch Who Made Adjustments) look fascinating.

    I was already moving away from the IMM format into more of a heads up on what reviews would be posted the next week, with a few new books about which I am really excited about. You can see this weeks at Chronicles of a Book Evangelist

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're not the only one behind on the scandal! I learned today too, and wondered why IMM seemed so dead. Am really shocked. Stacking the Shelves seems to be the most popular meme so far. I've also seen Showcase Sunday, and a few bloggers who've simply posted without joining a particular meme :-/
    You've got a great haul. The List sounds like a great contemporary YA.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh I forgot about Fair Coin! It looks great and I've been meaning to get a copy too!! Awesome haul chick!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  13. Timepiece sounds so wonderful, lucky duck!

    Krystal @Live To Read ~Krystal

    ReplyDelete
  14. *hugs* I always love reading what you have to say on issues, Lalaine, just like I love what you have to say about books! And oooohhhh, you have The List! I'm really excited to read that one because I couldn't imagine what it would be like to have a hot or not type of list go up randomly -- that would cause so much drama in my school LOL x) But it would make for a good story, right? ;)

    Awesome book haul this week, Lalaine! I hope you enjoy all of your books! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you got some great books this week! I really want to read The List, so I can't wait to see what you thought of it.

    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's quite awful about the victims receiving hate-mail... :( I'm still deciding about what to do to feature my new books myself.

    Love your newbies this week. :D I'm especially curious about Timpiece (got it too *dances around*) and The List! Hope you enjoy it all. :DD

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.