April 7, 2012

Wide Awake by Daniel Lanzarotta

Add this book



Synopsis from Goodreads:
Kayla is a 16-year-old girl who was adopted when she was little. She lives a normal life, with great friends, loving adoptive parents, and well... a not-so-great boyfriend. But the reason why she was given up for adoption was far from any usual reason. She was meant to be kept away from the Academy and anything else related to the supernatural beings that could hurt her.

Unfortunately for Kayla, it was only a matter of time before she encountered the creatures from the Otherworld, and there is just no running away from the beings that she can now see.

In trying to protect Kayla by keeping her away from the Academy, she may have just been put in even more danger.


 Series:  Academy of the Fallen #1
 Published June 13th 2011 by Rocket Science Productions LLC
 My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ 

My life had been pretty normal
 until that point.

 So.. school field trip! Who would have thought 
that would mess up my so-called normal life?

OMG. I never thought this novel would be so good. Since there's not so many good angels/Fallen angels stories out there, I was wary to read this but the author did an excellent job keeping me enthralled with the storyline the whole time. Dark, cute, alluring and a quick, nice read.

It's hard to tell you the summary of this book without telling you the whole lot, so that synopsis up there is enough I guess. So let's go straight to my review. The first half story was unpredictable. But then,  intentions and mystery are slowly revealed that kept me turning the pages. The paranormal elements and demon activity are intertwined with the plot. The characters were just amazing. Kayla is our narrator here, and I thought she's great, not stupid but flawed, totally normal for me. Loved reading her thoughts. I Loved the tension between Hunter <3, Kayla and Justin. I know what you're thinking, another love triangle, but that's really not exactly what's happening here. I can't really tell can I? You just have to read it to find out. All I can say is that romance was so well-played out. I don't think there was an instaluv here too, I thought the mutual attraction has basis and was gradually developed. Atleast, that's how I felt. Hunter, ahh, broody, mysterious with a dangerous vibe kind of guy, he is addicting! I was totally fangirling over this guy. And the ending, that last page made my heart melt.

Don't know why this book has some pretty low ratings via Goodreads but I like challenging myself and was so glad that I read this wonderful book. If you are up for paranormal romance story and doesn't read books based on their ratings, then I think you should really check this one out.  I can't wait to get started with the second installment. There were some additional characters that I would like to know more!

 Book 2 is already freaking out!

12 comments:

  1. I love the cover for this story, and I'm glad that you liked it! It sounds like a very interesting read. :)

    Thanks for the review.

    Alexandra~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I got this book when it was free on Amazon! :) Thanks for your review, I'll have to get to reading it quickly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this book sound interesting and the cover are pretty too ... I will check it out soon ... Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo! So this is the book you've been reading! I've never seen it before but it actually sounds awesome. The cover is gorgeous and the summary sounds interesting. Looks like I have to add this to my TBR!

    Awesome review, Lalaine! So glad you enjoyed it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fantastic! I'm glad you enjoyed this book! Very insightful review! I love books with heartwarming endings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this book before, but your review makes it sound amazing. I will have to check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book sounds awesome! Thanks for the great review!

    Amber @ Fall Into Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a bit weary of angel/fallen angel stories but you make this sound a bit different from the usual. I'm defintiely interested.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the same "issue" with angel books! They are so difficult to get right. I recently read one I loved, though, so I think I'm going to give this one a try! Hopefully, I'll like it as much as you did!

    Plus, book 2 is out so I'll be saved from nail-biting waiting! Yay!

    Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not heard of these. They sound great! Glad you enjoyed book 1.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.