June 27, 2012

Awry (The Archers of Avalon #2) by Chelsea Fine

 Synopsis from Goodreads:

 Sometimes love is meant to be. But sometimes...love is the death of you....

Seventeen-year-old Scarlet has just died. Only, dying isn't unusual for a girl under a centuries old curse that left her semi-immortal.

This time, though, she comes back to her current life instead of awaking in a new one, and she realizes the curse is changing. Together with the immortal Archer brothers, Scarlet must piece together her life and try to break the curse before her impending death comes again.


Awry by Chelsea Fine
Series: The Archers of Avalon
Published June 12th 2012 by Firefall Publishing


 Beautiful men in the forest were always trouble.
Oh. Dear. God. Words aren't enough to describe how much I love this book. Awry is the shit! I devoured it! Savored every moment of it.

 Before I've read this series I thought I knew the true meaning of the word "favorite", dude, let me tell you a secret; I was so darn wrong.
Dressed for the occasion, with all eyes on her, Scarlet walked to the end of the aisle and up two stairs to meet Gabriel. She was breathtaking.
And she would never be Tristan’s.
Tristan let his heart break down the middle and crumble into pieces in the pit of his soul.
Ahhh. After reading this book I felt like falling inlove all over again.. A beautifully-written novel that captivated my heart right from the start, add the effectiveness of these well-defined main characters such as the irresistible hot twins Tristan and Gabriel plus a bad-ass heroine Scarlet, oh and don't forget the supporting characters as well and mix it with humors and sprinkle it with a crafty plot, voila! Head over heels inlove with it. I am so so happy that this second installment of The Archers of Avalon series didnt disappoint me at all(obviously).  Unlike some of the sequels out there, this book lived up to my expectations, actually, this book is even more better than the first book. Ancient curse, mystery, witchcraft, archery, hilarious characters, hot immortal boys, intense romance, what else can I say? Chelsea totally nailed it.

"Messy love, though... that is something to revel in."

The chemistry between Tristan and Scar is just so enticing.  I loved his tough and broody character so much! He's so hot, it hurts! And Gabriel, a confident and sensible guy. *sighs* You cant go wrong with these twins. Ok so the story picked up right where Anew left off, Scarlet's journey will lead to unexpected consequences and danger. Awry is more intensified, added new twists, I've got most of my questions answered, and more importantly the story of their past lives,  their  tragic curse and ofcourse, the oh so sweet but heartbreaking romance of Tristan, Scarlet and Gabriel. You guys, if you havent read this book before, O-M-G, you've got to try this and let me know what you think. I cant wait for the third book, I need more of Tristan, he is my lifesource! Hah! <3

Loved these quotes:

"You cant make someone love you. You can try to fall in love with someone, but that's not how it works. Love just has to.. exist."
Gabriel looked out at the water for a moment. “Love is rare.” “Yes.” Scarlet looked at lake as well. “But always worth pursuing.”Gabriel nodded. “Always.” Minutes of silence passed as birds flew over the lake and trees swayed in the wind.
There is no victory without a battle.
Read my review of book 1

6 comments:

  1. This sounds really great. I like that quote about...You cant make someone love you....
    fabulous review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, I really like the sound of this one! You're very good at making me excited about books I have yet to read x) Of course, I should totally check out book one before I go on a wild book shopping spree *giggles* Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEEEEE Lalaine! I know how much you loved Anew and I'm so so so glad you loved Awry too! I really really need to start reading this series soon! The covers are so gorgeous and they each sound AMAZING!

    Awesome review, Lalaine! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay your back!! This book sounds really great! I haven't heard of the series but I will be sure to check it out :)

    Awesome review LaLaine!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. I love your new blog design!! Did you make it yourself??!

      Delete
  5. Great review! I thought I loved Anew, but Awry passed all of my expectations. I loved everything about it and can't wait for the third book. I think my favorite part is the characters, especially Tristan!

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.