June 8, 2012

Social Suicide (Deadly Cool #2) by Gemma Halliday


 Twittercide [twit-er-sahyd]: the killing of one human being by another while the victim is in the act of tweeting.

Call me crazy, but I figured writing for the Herbert Hoover High Homepage would be a pretty sweet gig. Pad the resume for college applications, get a first look at the gossip column, spend some time ogling the paper’s brooding bad-boy editor, Chase Erikson. But on my first big story, things went... a little south. What should have been a normal interview with Sydney Sanders turned into me discovering the Homecoming Queen-hopeful dead in her pool. Electrocuted while Tweeting. Now, in addition to developing a reputation as HHH’s resident body finder, I’m stuck trying to prove that Sydney’s death wasn’t suicide.

I’m starting to long for the days when my biggest worry was whether the cafeteria was serving pizza sticks or Tuesday Tacos..
Social Sucide by Gemma Halliday
Series: Deadly Cool #2
Published April 24th 2012 by HarperTeen (copy was provided by the publisher, thank you)
 
This series is one of my favorite contemporary stories I've read so far, and I am so glad that this second installment didnt disappoint me at all. I loved the first book and as always our heroine Hartley never fails to amuse me, whenever, wherever.  If you are looking for a fun, cute and quick read, this book is for you.

I enjoyed this a lot. A murder mystery with a slight romantic twist and a suspense in finding the culprit. Apparently Hart is yet caught in another dead-body scene, but this one is different mind you. Its called Twittercide. This young girl Sydney died while on Twitter, but the question is, did she kill herself or someone did it?

The best things I liked in this book is Hartley ofcourse, this young lady is so hilarious and curious. The rest of the characters are just great plus the new ones, especially Hart's bestfriend Sam. And Chase, he is hot and he intrigues me so much! He is like these boys I liked so much when I was younger, challenging and hard to get! gah! I dont understand what the heck was he waiting for? Obviously Chase and Hart are so good together. I think Chase needs something to wake him up a lil bit. Maybe a love triangle will do! *fist pumps* I just wish the next book we will be seeing alot of Chase and Hartley romance, should be more intense and deeper.

Definitely worth picking up if you are a fan of the first book. I had loads of fun. Looking forward for the third book.

9 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the first novel of this series so it's really nice to hear the second book is awesome as well. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series too! I didn't like this one QUITE as much as Deadly Cool but it was still awesome! Twittercide!! :D Hartley is an awesome character she cracks me UP! An I agree Chase is super intriguing! <3 him though! Great review doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't read the first book but after reading your review, I became really curious about Hartley. I miss reading contemporary novels. This one just stands out for me because of the murder mystery. :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your review is making me want to read this novel! However I'm ashamed to say, I haven't even read the first one yet! But I'm definitely regretting it now haha! I love books with a funny main character (it's so rare!). I'm not a big fan of contemporary novels so hopefully I will enjoy this one as much as you :)

    Rachel @ Books to Consider

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great review! I have not read the first book in this series, but it sounds like it's worth picking up. Thank you for another fab review! :)

    Steph @ Stepping Out of the Page

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've thought about reading this series but never got to it. Looks like I need to get on it.

    Thanks for the review.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This does sound like a good series, glad you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just keep hearing great things about this series. A funny, light murder mystery that keeps you laughing and on your toes at the same time sounds like my kind of thing. Lovely review, Lalaine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really really want to read the first book! I've been hearing great things about it and I'm glad that you enjoyed the second book too!

    Awesome review, Lalaine! <3

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.