June 6, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

 Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger February 2013
It's one thing to learn to curtsy properly. It's quite another to learn to curtsy and throw a knife at the same time. Welcome to finishing school.

Fourteen-year-old Sophronia is the bane of her mother's existence. Sophronia is more interested in dismantling clocks and climbing trees than proper etiquette at tea--and god forbid anyone see her atrocious curtsy. Mrs. Temminnick is desperate for her daughter to become a proper lady. She enrolls Sophronia in Mademoiselle Geraldine's Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality. <continue reading>





 When We Wake by Karen Healey  March 2013
My name is Tegan Oglietti, and on the last day of my first lifetime, I was so, so happy.

Sixteen-year-old Tegan is just like every other girl living in 2027 - she's happiest when playing the guitar, she's falling in love for the first time, and she's joining her friends to protest the wrongs of the world: environmental collapse, social discrimination, and political injustice.

But on what should have been the best day of Tegan's life, she dies - and wakes up a hundred years in the future, locked in a government facility with no idea what happened.
 <continue reading>

10 comments:

  1. AEEEEEEEEEEE! Lalaine, I can't WAIT for Etiquette and Espionage! And I've never heard of When We Wake, but oh. my. GOODNESS it sounds AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh YES! BEST WOW I'VE SEEN TODAY! Cannot wait for the first one (I can't spell it and I hate scrolling up and down, up and down... :P) it looks amazing. I've never heard of When we Wake but that too looks really good. Tons of awesomeness going on over here! Fantastic, amazing WoW!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO excited for Etiquette and Espionage!! It sounds amazing and I can't wait to read it :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for Etiquette and Espionage. Who can resist the cover?! Definitely adding it to the TBR pile! Thanks for sharing!

    Great picks! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! I hadn't heard of any of these books until down an d I'm glad you chose them! Both sound interesting!

    -Sky @ YA Infatuation My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Carriger's writing so I can't wait for Etiquette & Espionage. When We Wake is new to me, but I'm intrigued.

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-20-care-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!! THAT ONE UP THERE!! THAT COVER! THAT BLURB! *freaks out* TBR immediately xD

    ReplyDelete
  8. These both sound amazing. I'm particulary excited about the first one, and what a beautiful cover (I Love the purple backgrond)! I've been meaning to read Gail's adult series for awhile now, so I guess I better get on that...I'm glad she's branching into YA though.

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I'm at www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

      :)

      Delete
  9. why in the world have i not heard of these books. feel completely out of the loop. gorgeous covers too!

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.