August 29, 2012

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1) by Susan Ee


 It’s been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels’ stronghold in San Francisco where she’ll risk everything to rescue her sister and he’ll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.
Angelfall by Susan Ee
Published May 21st 2011 by Feral Dream

But there’s no denying that this is the real deal. Men
with wings. Angels of the Apocalypse. Supernatural
beings who’ve pulverized the modern world and
killed millions, maybe even billions of people.
And here’s one of the horrors, right in front of me.
Wow, I've only read couple of self-published books ages ago, and after that, I decided not to read/review anything at all(personal reasons). But I've heard great things about this book that I really want to see it for myself. And there I go, jaw's on the floor. Seriously this book is beyond amazing. Susan Ee is totally a very talented and creative author, Ill give her that! Almost everybody enjoyed even loved Angelfall, and I sure know why!
Sometimes, as we’re stumbling along in the
dark, we hit something good.”
Angelfall  will take you to a post-apocalyptic world where Angels have destroyed the world and killed so many people. The Angels of Apocalypse.. Isn't that scary? Like, I dont know, I grew up listening to church people about Bible. And I've always been terrified about the Day of Judgement where it goes down to the ultimate fate of the universe. But Angels?


Quoted from the Bible:
Angels will come with Christ on the Day of Judgement (Matthew 24:31), and the angels will separate the wicked from the just on the Last Day (Matthew 13:49), although they do not know the day of Judgement (Mark 13:32). Christ also said the children of the resurrection will be equal to the angels (Luke 20:34).

To be honest, I've read handful of dystopian/postapocalyptic novels but this one felt so realistic and it scares the hell out of me. Who would imagine these beautiful creature known us our guardian angels when we were little to be the one to wipe us off the planet? *shudders*
Hands down, this book is so so good and very exciting to read. Best Angel book I've read so far. With a very strong female character and interesting supporting characters, it was just insane! Penryn is a kick-ass heroine I'm telling you! She's very strong and mature young lady who loves her sister to death. I do have a sister and I guess when it comes down to the end of the world, I'd probably do the same thing she's done for her little sister. And also, it made me think of seriously going to martial arts lessons...hmmmm. And badass hottie archangel Raffe is the guy to root for! :)

My friends call me Wrath,” says Raffe. “My enemies call me Please Have Mercy. What’s your name, soldier boy?
I loved the sinister atmosphere in this book, I thought its wicked in so many ways. Things so holy like angels being the enemy gives me the creeps.  Its a book of survival, full-packed actions, horror and a touch of romance. I still have questions though that's why I can hardly wait for the sequel! The ending was really good.  Anyway, this book is a must-read. I dont recommend books often but this one is "the"ONE.

5 comments:

  1. "My friends call me Wrath,” says Raffe. “My enemies call me Please Have Mercy. What’s your name, soldier boy?" Love the quote!

    Angels as destroyer of the world gives me the shudders as well. They are suppose to beautiful and peaceful! I def need to read this soon! Great review! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved, LOVED Angelfall! I rarely read self-published books, but I'm so glad that I gave this book a shot.
    And that Raffe quote was one of my favorites, too. :)

    Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quotes! You definitely know how to pick them ^^ This is the second raving review I read about this book in a short time, so perhaps it's a sign :D Thanks for the wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this book but it sounds pretty interesting. Great review.

    Maycee Greene (Hummer H1 Parts)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This series sounds super interesting, I''l be sure to add it to my TBR pile. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Cleo Rogers Top Austin Divorce Attorneys

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.