August 17, 2012

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie Mcguire

The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.


Beautiful Disaster by Jamie Mcguire
Format: Paperback $17.99 / Ebook $4.99
Published August 14th 2012 by Simon & Schuster Australia

Fighting, laughing, loving or crying, if it was with him, I was where I wanted to be. 
Man. I had one hell of a ride! Brings back memories especially my college days. Sue me now but I'd like Travis to be right where he should be, in my freaking bed! *fans self* This will not be your ordinary romantic love story.. This book can be a little too hot to handle! Also, addicting if I could just add that to it.  I almost didnt go to sleep, 3 hours sleep was worth it, in fact I found myself day dreaming about Travis at work. *grins* Just amazing!

I've heard so many great things about Beautiful Disaster beforereviews after reviews, even it was just self-published book that time. I grabbed an ecopy of this and its been in my Kindle for like ages already, and then S&S sent me a package few days ago. I was like , just get it on, see what the fuss is all about and be done with it. But man, I want to hug every single people in S&S for sending me this beautiful book.. Eventually S&S published this book, no surprise there! Jamie Mcguire has a  beautiful voice that is very enthralling. I could not put it down! I was bombarded with so many emotions while reading it but more importantly, I was totally invested with the intensely crazy but romantic relationship of Travis and Abby aka Pidgeon as well as the supporting characters. There's a lot of great twists that I found my heart beating ten times faster than normal. And mind you, I read this on the train on my way to work and back , I was grinning, squirming, blushing etc, and its all I could do not to squeal in public. So lets go back to Travis.... OMG! He is so damn fine! I love him so much, and dude, he sang Satisfaction! Hah!

I rolled my eyes. “I feel like a zoo animal.”

Travis watched me for a moment, noted those staring, and then stood up. “I CAN’T!” he yelled. I stared in awe as the entire room jerked their heads in his direction. Travis bobbed his head a couple of times to a beat in his head.

Shepley closed his eyes. “Oh, no.”

Travis smiled. “get no….sa…tis…faction,” he sang, “I can’t get no….sat-is-fac-tion. ‘Cuz I’ve tried…and I’ve tried…and I’ve tried…and I’ve tried…,” he climbed onto the table as everyone stared, “I CAN’T GET NO!”

He pointed to the football players at the end of the table and they smiled, “I CAN’T GET NO!” they yelled in unison. The whole room clapped to the beat, then.

Travis’ sang into his fist, “When I’m drivin’ in my car, and a man comes on the…ra-di-o…he’s tellin’ me more and more…about some useless in-for-ma-tion! Supposed to fire my im-agin-a-tion! I CAN’T GET NO!


I cant find words to best describe what I really feel about this book. But I absolutely loved this book to simplify it.  Also, it really lived up to its title, their romance was a catastrophe, a mess but it was a just ahhhhhh... what can I say? Beautiful! :) The best contemporary book I've ever read. Though I loved this book so much, some would feel otherwise. But if you do loved this book, eeeep let's squeal together! xox
I dont want to sleep with you Pidge. I like you too much.

Updates: this is going to be in a movie! Huzzaaah! By Warner Bros. How awesome is that? You tell me! 

16 comments:

  1. I've read this book twice, and loved it both times! It's so good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAme here read it more than once, but i still can't say i love it or hate it! idk?
    Great review! and i laughed my ass of when i read about him singing in the cafeteria it was adorable! lol
    Follower!

    http://thecrossbreeds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, believe me, I was squealing all the time while reading it. And, well, shouting at Travis and Abby to get their sh** together. :D And I was swooning a lot... luckily I was AT HOME most of the time while reading it, because it could've been quite embarrassing. Really regretting that I never gave it a chance when it was still self-published, but YAY! that I / we finally got around to reading it. Soooo very awesome. :D

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this one!! :)

    I'm currently hosting a giveaway for a signed copy of BD, if anyone's interested!
    http://romancebookie.blogspot.com/2012/08/beautiful-disaster-by-jamie-mcguire.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be honest, I haven't been able to make a decision about this book, but I must admit your review really pushed me a little bit. I love that S&S people picked it up after all the hype it got as self-published, and really, since you (and Carina here) loved it so much... I don't even have a choice, hah.
    Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got this book via Netgalley. I should totally pick it up tonight after your review made me damn curious. Great reviews!

    Mar

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been on the fence about reading this book. I've heard so much about it lately, and I think your review pushed me over the edge! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great to see you enjoyed this one so much, Lalaine! Unfortunately, it wasn't for me (I know, I know... minority here, but I just don't buy into that kind of relationship). But I know most people loved it, and it does have all the elements romance readers are seeking these days so... Yep. pretty safe bet.

    Thanks for the review. Love the quotes you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome review Lalaine! I have heard very different reviews about this book..some good and some bad! I am still debating about reading this one but your review has swayed me towards picking it up :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've just read/reviewed this and loved it!!! Travis killed me so many ways!

    Wonderful review!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! I'm SO SO SO glad you enjoyed Beautiful Disaster, Lalaine! I finished it recently and really enjoyed it too! Travis and Abby's relationship was intense but boy was it AMAZING! I really can't wait for the next book, Walking Disaster since it's going to be written from Travis' POV ;)

    Awesome review, Lalaine! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. The best thing about reading BD was the way it totally came across as real people acting out real lives, with all the BS and baggage that come with RL. The only thing I have to add to your assessment of the book is a firm vote for others who are on the fence to read it ASAP, it really is a darn good story!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will be very honest when I say that I don't want to read this book. From most of the thinks I heard, their relationship sounds horrible and Travis sounds like a dick. But I'm still glad you liked it, I rather skip it. I don't like unhealthy relationships :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aaaah!!!!!!! I've picked this up a couple of times and not been able to get into it. Clearly I need to give it another go if you loved it this much! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just wanted to say: OMG!!! Can't wait to watch the movie!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omo! Really??? I can't wait to watch this as a movie! Loved the book! And your review <3

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.