September 17, 2012

The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten #1) by Julie Kagawa




Don't look at Them. Never let Them know you can see Them.That is Ethan Chase's unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he'd dare to fall for.

Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister's world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myth and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten.

The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa
Series: The Iron Fey: The Call of the Forgotten #1

Expected publication: October 23rd 2012 by Harlequin Teen
  Things sort of went to hell from there.
First of all, OMG! Ethan, I mean look at that cover... this man has sexy written all over him. Second, I am a proud Filipino and when these words Filipino and Kali (a Filipino martial art Ethan was taking) were mentioned in this book, I smiled with pleasure reading it.This book is also dedicated to her dear Guro for you guys who didnt know yet.

Moving on.. I loved Julie Kagawa's books, dont get me wrong and I swear this woman is a born storyteller- never ever miss reading her stories! But I thought this particular book didnt stand out much amongst her books (but that doesnt mean I didnt enjoy the story and I loved Ethan).  Or maybe its just me, because I was still kind of longing for Puck that I always keep on expecting him to walk in the scenes, but ends up disappointed. Then there's Kierran, whom I reckon didnt have any character's depth at all. Plus Ethan's love interest was just not what I expected to be with him. I don't know why but she annoys me to the point that I just want her get eaten by some monster out in NeverNever. I knowwww, Im so mean but I just don't buy her. Anyway, it's only my opinion Im sure most of you will love their tandem.

I enjoyed reading Ethan's point of view, sexy and exhilarating, brooding and rough but a completely different person inside. Kind and funny and very caring. Poor Ethan, he's been through alot and that made me care for him more. And ofcourse, I dont think this spin-off would be complete without the great sidhe cat Grimalkin. How cute is he?  And you know, I was nostalgic while reading this book, brings back memories of those days of Iron Fey series. I just wish I could read it for the first time again.....you know that feeling?

This is worse than killing. You stripped away everything that made him who he was, took something that he cant ever get back and left him... like this. To keep yourselves alive. I wont let you get away with that. - Ethan

Overall, I'd say that this is a good start for this series, and a book to watch out for.  Iron Fey fans will enjoy this too, dark mysteries and romance to keep you engage throughout.  So I guess it is safe to say that I really really liked it(scrolls up), and I cant wait for the sequel to come. I am a fan of Julie Kagawa and any books written by her will be surely read by me :). Oh and also I finally found myPuck somewhere in the story and though it was just a short one, but I was all giddy with excitement! I miss him already I wish Julie would bring him in in this series again.... *calls all the saints*

"My grandfather was a wise man."Guro went on, holding my gaze.
 He told me not to put your trust in only your eyes. That to truly see, sometimes you had to put your faith in the invisible things. YOu had to believe what no one else was willing to.

9 comments:

  1. PUCK <3 I was so sad when I read the last Iron Fey book, because I loved them and I read them in a short time. I can't wait to dive into this one.
    Only a shame you hated his love interest :p
    Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like the last person on earth to read any of Julie Kagawa's books. I know for a fact that they are good, but I just have never gotton around to reading them. I seriously need too! -_-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome review! I have this one on my kindle so I think I will be starting it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of Julie Kagawa's works. But no worries i'm reading The Immortal Rules soon!

    Sangita @ Whisper of Reads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to this. Another masterpiece by the author of the blockbuster The Iron Fey series. I've finished reading Kagawa's The Immortal Rules and I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I AM SO EXCITED TO READ THIS.
    I mean, I'm so excited to read the SERIES, because I haven't read ANYTHING Iron Fey, but !!!!!!!!!

    It's a shame it wsn't *quite* as magic as you've come to expect from Julie, but... seriously. I'm excited :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review :D Glad you kind of liked this book ;p I do not like Puck.. so I was excited about Ash :D Love him so much. <3 Hih ;p But I do agree with you. This book wasn't perfect. But I still loved reading it; because I love Julie's books and her writing style :D If you haven't read her book The Immortal Rules yet, then you must. Her best book. And so damn good <3 Hih :) Anyway. Loved your review :)
    Love, Carina

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Lalaine!! Your enthusiasm and book fan-girling moments about Julie and her books are infectious!! You're making me want to read this NOW. And zomg - you're Pinay?? I didn't even know! Well..I sort of expected it. You look Pinay! :) Me too! Nice to e-meet a fellow Filipina. Awesome! I love that tidbit about Filipino martial arts. Overall, I agree with you. That badboy in the cover is too damn sexy for his own good. ;) I can't wait to read this! Awww..I miss Puck, too! *sobs*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great way to sum it up, Lalaine! I felt the same at parts: the beginning was brutal, and hooked me like nothing, but then... it lost steam. It's still good, still enjoyable and still a very much recommended read but it isn't Kagawa's best.

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.