October 20, 2012

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.

She can’t.

She used to think her problems were all in her head.

They aren’t.

She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets.

She’s wrong.

In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?

Find this book on Goodreads
Series: Mara Dyer #2
Expected publication: October 23rd 2012 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

You will always have a choice.
Hell yeah! A mind-blowing sequel with an awesome blend of paranormal, romance and real world. Damn, I couldn't put this book down. Eerily beautiful, captivating and disturbing at the same time, and oh! my goodness, the overwhelming mystery was frustrating but in a really really good way.  Fans of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer shouldn't miss this book! And also, that cover is gorgeous.
You will love him to ruins
The Evolution of Mara Dyer is no doubt a heavily character-driven story. I loved reading Mara's POV. Mara whom people thinks shes loosing it and seeings things that aren't there, clearly delusional, is our protagonist has the power to kill people with her mind. And to top off the craziness, someone from her terrifying past has come back to haunt her. And this is driving her to the edge. Her life is being manipulated by someone whom she thought was already dead. Nobody believes her though even her own family, but Noah Shaw. She needs Noah more than anything. Because like Mara, he also has a power - can see things and heal himself quicker than any normal human being. They need each other to figure out what is happening to them and to Mara's dark past. But will Noah fulfill his promise to protect Mara from harm?

This was the boy I loved. A little bit messy. A little bit ruined. A beautiful disaster.Just like me.

A gripping story with shocking twists. The author has kept the chilling suspense taut and it was all I could do not to die from a heart attack. The foreboding atmosphere sucked me in big time. I just loved it! The way Michelle Hodkins told the story was amazing, some scenes really did give me the creeps.

“Show me what is in the other,” he said kindly.
I obeyed him. Uncurled my fingers to reveal what was
inside.

It was Noah’s heart.
And I seriously want more of this series, of Mara,  I want more hotness of Noah Shaw! The freaking ending left a hole in my heart. I want the third book NOW! I am pretty sure it'll be out next year, I gotta stay alive till then!

Quotes:
The thing about happiness, though, is that it never lasts.
“Misery’s no fun if you keep it to yourself.”
“Sometimes the biggest secrets you can only tell a stranger.”
Boys are stupid and girls are trouble.
“There is no truth,” Stephanie said mysteriously. “Only perspectives. Philosophy 101,” she said with a wink.

8 comments:

  1. AHHHHH NOAHHH SHAWWWWWW!!! <3 I'VE MISSED HIM SO MUCHH! OMMGG this sequel sounds SO AMAZING!! I really cannot wait to read it!

    Oh and I love the Boys are stupid and girls are trouble quote! HAHAHAHHAAHHA

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy oh boy I NEED this book now! Want more of Noah that's for sure! Anyway great review! So excited to read it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHMYSWEETGOODNESS! I'm so so relieved that you loved The Evolution of Mara Dyer! I have been dying for this since I read Unbecoming and the wait has not been pleasant, but wow! Your review has me so damn excited for more Mara, and most definitely NOAH freaking SHAW. I'm so happy that the sequel lives up to the first book and there's still elements of mystery and suspense that I loved in the first one. :) I love all the quotes you chose too! Ahh, I really need this book so bad. Thank you so much for this wonderful amazing, mind blowing review! I'm so getting this book the second I can :) <3


    Jessirae @ Words, Pages, and Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is definitely on my wishlist and I am totally buying this one because of you! Those quotes just makes me want to read it already! I love Mara Dyer and I am looking forward on reading the sequel! Lovely review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you enjoyed this! I'm nearly at my limit just waiting for this book to be released so that I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. And, gosh, those quotes? THEY MAKE ME WANT TO CLAW MY EYES OUT.

    The wait is going to kill me. But: two more dayyysss. Just TWO MORE.

    Awesome review, Lalaine!

    Megan @ Ink Skies

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower! I found you through Book Blogs! I'm having a giveaway over at my blog and would love for you to check it out and enter!

    MaMa's Book Corner Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! THE EVOLUTION OF MARA DYER! NOAH SHAWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! I need this book so badly. I can't wait to get my copy. I really loved The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer so I'm glad to hear that the sequel does not disappoint ;)

    Awesome review, Lalaine ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. FKSJGSFKFLS.

    LALAINE.
    OMG.
    YOU'RE CRUEL.

    Those quotes. NOAH. EEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I so so SOOOO can't wait to read! ♥

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.