November 4, 2012

Roar and Liv {Under The Never Sky} by Veronica Ross


 Before Perry and Aria, there was Roar and Liv.

After a childhood spent wandering the borderlands, Roar finally feels like he has a home with the Tides. His best friend Perry is like a brother to him, and Perry's sister, Liv, is the love of his life. But Perry and Liv's unpredictable older brother, Vale, is the Blood Lord of the Tides, and he has never looked kindly on Roar and Liv's union. Normally, Roar couldn't care less about Vale's opinion. But with food running low and conditions worsening every day, Vale's leadership is more vital—and more brutal—than ever. Desperate to protect his tribe, Vale makes a decision that will shatter the life Roar knew and change the fate of the Tides forever.

Set in the harsh but often beautiful world of Veronica Rossi's "unforgettable" Under the Never Sky (Examiner.com), this captivating prequel novella stands on its own for new readers and offers series fans a fascinating look into the character of Roar. Poignant and powerful, Roar and Liv is a love story that will "capture your imagination and your heart." (Justine on Under the Never Sky)
 Published October 30th 2012 by Harper Collins

OK, I will make this review short and sweet. It's official, I am madly inlove with Roar right now. *fangirlscream* OMG! I think I just betrayed Perry, oh hell! It's Roar's point of view anyway and the spotlight is on him. So yes my lovely readers, this is a must-read short novella, fans of Under The Never Sky and more importantly, Roar's mustn't miss this.

This book will take you back from before there is Aria and Perry. Ofcourse there is Brooke and Perry first. I know, I know, I felt a pang of jealousy there but do not fear, you know what happened in the first book anyway right?! So moving on, there is also Liv and Roar. And as we all know, that Liv is Roar's love-of-his-life girl. Although this book is short, it's rich of swoon-worthy moments that swept me off my feet. The writing style is impeccable and just beautiful. And also, I got a glimpse of the first 2 chapters of the Through The Ever Night.. and I am dying to read more!


8 comments:

  1. DUAHDUSAIHDUIASHDAIUSHDAISUDHAISU I WANT THIS SO BADDDDDDD!!!!
    HAHAHHAHA You can have Roar (for now, but I might steal him after I read this!!) and I'll have Perry :D I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god! I now know who roar is! haha I am so going to read this one soon!!!!

    great mini review!
    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. GReat review! Sounds like a good read!
    Follower!

    http://thecrossbreeds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review, Lalaine! I should probably pick up this series. I've heard nothing but great stuff! I'm not very fond of dystopias (the whole worldbuilding thing gets me tired just thinking about it... unless it's a zombie story) but I've been meaning to get into the genre, and this looks like a great option!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I wasn't a huge fan of the first but I still liked it enough to continue and novellas are so great to find out just more bits about the characters! Sounds like this one's one to read! (I don't always like novellas)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh! I cannot wait to read this one :) I did love Under the Never Sky. <3 But I must admit to not liking Roar at all. lol :) But I do think this sound awesome, still. And I would like more about the world ;) But omg. Perry and Brooke :( Heartbreak. I don't want to read about it! But I can handle it. Maybe. We'll see. lol. Glad you loved it :) Thank you for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm reading Under the Never Sky right now. It's awesome so I'll probably download this novella after I'm done. I'm only on pg. 75, so I haven't met Roar or Liv yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like the $10 gift certificate the Amazon, Thanks very much!

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.