February 23, 2013

Ashes and Ice by Rochelle Maya Callen

She is desperate to remember.
He is aching to forget.
Together, they are not broken.
But together, one may not survive.

​Jade wakes up with no memory of her past and blood on her hands.

Plagued by wicked thoughts, she searches for answers. Instead, she finds a boy who doesn't offer her answers, but hope. But sometimes, when nightmares turn into reality and death follows you everywhere, hope is not enough.

LUST. LOVE. LOSS. Sometimes, all that is left are Ashes and Ice.




 Ashes & Ice by Rochelle Maya Callen +Goodreads
 Series: Ashes & Ice #1
 Published February 4th 2013 by C&C Legacy Publishing

"I hope it's sunny at my funeral."
And if I really am wicked, I hope that day comes sooner rather than later.
Wow, that ending.. Didn't see that coming.  
So I guess you could say I enjoyed this book so much. I have always fascinated with angels and demons stories especially when it has a romance twist in it. It started with a young girl named Jade who couldn't remember her past. But Jade with her green ice and no memories,  isn't your average normal girl. And then she met this broken young boy Connor along the way. And from there the story begins..
Ring around the rosie, a pocket full of posies. Ashes, ashes. We all fall down.
Though I should mention that the first half of the book seemed like it didn't actually have a plot and that there were times that I couldn't understand what was happening, only when it get to the other half that I finally understood everything. I know it might sound terrible, but you see, reading Connor's and Jade's POV were good enough for me. I for once couldn't put the book down. To make it short, these two were the highlights of this book. Amazing characters. Connor is my favorite. I love him! He is broken and I just wanted to give him a hug.. poor kid. Also, I was hooked with the dark and somber tone of the story.

We cry in our own rooms, remembering a man who will never be here again.
The house creaks. Maybe it feels the weight of our grief, maybe the floorboards are buckling because the burden is too heavy.
Jade is kind of hard for me to explain but she's both good and wicked!
Now I see him clearly, even through the rain and distance, I see him perfectly. Tears try to blend in with the rain, but fail. I see his tears. His precious, pained tears. 
And all I can do is stare.
   Something within me shifts.
Annoyance to curiosity,
Impatience to sympathy.
Reluctance to desire---desire to understand how and why he can weep like the rain.

Well the thing about this book is I cant tell much more as I'm afraid I would give away so much and mess it up for you. The writing was definitely beautiful and captivating and so full of emotions. I would have given this book 5 stars if not for those little confusing moments and a little lack of details. But other than that this book was awesome. Loved the characters, loved the words and that ending LOVED IT.. I am dying for the second book! I'm so glad I read this, and sooo many lovely quotes too check it out.

Quotes from Ashes and Ice
Love is a sliver of sunlight peeking through the darkness; a whisper of hope when all is lost.
Now the world will see what I am. Vulnerable. Ugly. Evil. Lost. Sad. Angry. Numb.
And dead.

Connor's hand, rough with calluses, holds mine. If I had a heart, it would be in my hand--a solemn offering to be held in the palm of his, desperate to be comforted and held like a soft, delicate thing.
 His heartbeat is the most beautiful sound in the world.
 People can change... no matter where they come from, no matter where they think they ought to go, people can make their own way.
 That's all you need, cher. A few people in your life who fill it up and give you good memories to hold onto.
 Wasting time is a stupid thing to do in this big ol' ugly world.


4 comments:

  1. This one sounds great! Everything about it looks really awesome. I really like complicated books with a stunning ending. I might pick this one up someday (:
    Fab review!! I love your blog <3

    Sapir @ Diary of a Wimpy Teen Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome book review its part of my wishlist gosh my bookshelves are getting full of good books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blog! Please follow mine; it's new: readandlovebooks.blogspot.com
    Thanks♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great book. On my TBR list it goes! thanks for sharing.

    Ann@Blogging E-books

    ReplyDelete

This is a spoiler-free review blog. Thanks for commenting! PLease leave you links so I could check yours out later. <3 Happy reading.